well i did it

critter

These seemed to have the best reviews and were not badly priced and came with a practice head so i hope i get lucky enough to get something to walk out in front of me and to get a good shot on it to see if the reviews are true.

• 3 weeks later...

I switched to NAP killzone last year, the confidence I had knowing where my arrow was going to go made my time much more enjoyable, only shot I took all season was a steep quartering away shot and my placement was perfect. Heard her go down within seconds. Made a believer out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grim reaper is the only mech head I trust. If the bh is giving you any problems with opening, it can usually be traced back to the way the user put the spring and clip in. I dont shoot heavy poundage nor a super fast bow and the 1 3/8 razortips have really produced for me. They leave great blood trails and I believe they made a difference in a buck I shot where it was shot too far back for my liking. Empirical evidence, but I havent had an issue where I thought this head was at fault. Been using them since 2010.

• Like 1

I switched to NAP killzone last year, the confidence I had knowing where my arrow was going to go made my time much more enjoyable, only shot I took all season was a steep quartering away shot and my placement was perfect. Heard her go down within seconds. Made a believer out of me.

Good to hear the work, I just bought a 3 pack.I like the idea of no rubber bands.

Good call on the Grim Reapers!  I shoot them.  A few things that I love (and everyone should know):

1) They come with the practice broadhead to make sure they pattern the same as your fieldtips.  And they are spot on!

2) The companies customer service is OUTSTANDING.  I made the mistake of thinking you have to sharpen these broadheads out of the package.  Which I did, and then wasn't very happy with the job I did.  After speaking with their sales manager at the company, he sent me a new package of broadheads absolutely free and then said "DO NOT sharpen them."  They are sharpened to the exact needed sharpness where they will maintain the integrity of the blade and not "roll over" the edge upon pass through on a deer AND yet sharp enough to cause catostrophic damage.

Anyways, when I have good exeriences with companies (which are far and few between these days), I like to support their products and pass the info on.

The botom line is you will LOVE those broadheads!!

Never had a problem with reapers... Only mechanical I ever used and every deer I've shot hasn't gone more than 50 yards. I am trying out NAP thunderhead fixed broad heads this year. We'll see how this experiment goes. I still have six reaper heads as back up just in case.

The first dear I ever killed with a bow was using reapers, she was quartering away and the shot was at a good angle but a little far back for what I would have liked, the reaper pushed up through her gut and clipped one of her lungs. Took her about 2 hrs to die, actually saw her fall after tracking for over an hour. Awesome broad head that gets the job done

I use the 75gr Mini-Blaster from Rocket Brand (Trophy Ridge actually makes them) and I SWEAR by them. They ahve 1.75" cut and produce holes like you cant imagine. I have used other brands of mechanical and will never switch again, I have even used Rage and have nothing but bad luck with every other brand that I have tried with the exception of Rocket. I know that everyone has their own opinion and their own experiences but this is the brand that I trust......just my $.02

I switched to Grim Reapers a few years ago and absolutely love them. I bought a bunch of Rage 2 blade from a guy on this sight who was switching. I only shot one deer with the Rage but wasn't at all impressed. I have gotten 7 deer with the Grim Reapers and thought they were great and have had zero problems!