Price of land

SuperMag

What’s the going rate for the price of land per acre right now? We’re starting to think of buying a plot of land and paying on it for a few years then building a house on it down the road. I’m seeing mixed prices near me right now ranging from $2000-$5000 per square acre. I do realize that different land types will bring different prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many variables that will determine the price of land in the location of the USA you are looking to buy land.  Smaller acreage will be a higher price per acre of course, but if you spend any time on zillow.com or other sites that show real-estate for sale, I would have to say that is your best source to let you know the price per acre of land.

7 minutes ago, SuperMag said:

What’s the going rate for the price of land per acre right now? We’re starting to think of buying a plot of land and paying on it for a few years then building a house on it down the road. I’m seeing mixed prices near me right now ranging from $2000-$5000 per square acre. I do realize that different land types will bring different prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course type of land would dictate price. A 50 acre lot near us down in Livingston Cty brought almost 8 grand an acre. Mostly all tillable land. 

1 hour ago, phade said:

Taxes are killer here. I’m nearly done looking in my area short of premarket efforts. If ground has gone to market, it’s a crap show.

I’m still zeroing in on Ohio, KY, and Missouri. 

I actually love the taxes I pay. I have property that gets me into the AG program that brings down my taxes. I came from Long Island where having a lot of 150x300 would cost you 12k a year. This is great. To each his own and what you pay taxes on. 

• Like 1