Another success story...

jimbo91

So earlier this year i got my first deer in archery season, well i just got my second. I was hunting for about five days, and the first 3 i didnt see a thing. On the fourth day 45 minutes to sundown i finally caught glimpse of a doe, headed right for me. Now an experienced hunter would have waited till it got close, but that is why i am not an experienced hunter. I got excited with it being my first deer ive seen since i got there, and without even a really good shot i fired off a round, hit a tree, and fired another. Missed, and felt like an idiot, i shouldve waited, but my inpatience and excitement got the best of me. This morning i went back to the same stand, and while looking at the place i fired at that deer, i realised how dumb i was for trying. I was kicking myself pretty bad. While thinking about it i started to doze off, so to wake myself up i took a look around, right over my left shoulder at about 30 yards a couple of doe snuck up behind me. My adrenaline started punmping like no tomorrow, I slowly stood up, and the mother saw me, She kept putting her head up, then down, then up, then down. I kept moving in the 2 or 3 second gaps i had with her head down. I took my gloves off, for some reason i dont shoot right with them on. I picked up my gun and took aim. I remembered the mistake i made last night, and told myself to calm down and count to ten, i butted the gun, beared down on the sights, lined them up and let it fly, got her, followed the other one but no good shot, and went back to the one i hit. I was dissappointed with myself, it was a terrible shot, i backboned her and had to put her out of misery. I got it so it was successfull. I really dont know how i fudged the shot up, im hoping it was a rookie mistake that i will grow out of, but i got the second deer of my life today, so id call it successfull.

post-1768-131455381185_thumb.jpg