Fletchings

flygonenuts

I believe there is a difference . Having a bit of offset helps give the arrow spin which helps stabilize it in flight . I fletch my own with the NAP Quick Spin fletchings .

That plus the longer the fletching the straighter it keeps the arrow in flight.

Only thing I have heard is that if your using a whisker biscuit rest, quick spin vanes will mangle up the bristles., but if using a drop down rest, doesn't matter what vanes you use.

Good point if he chooses Quick Spin vanes and has a WB rest .

That's why I removed my WB and installed a Trophy Ridge Drop Away rest . Loved the WB though !

I shoot 4" vanes with a substantial helix. Use the Jo-Jan multi-fletcher that I've had for a jillion years. Seems to do a good job of spinning the arrows in flight. I have no idea what that arrangement might do to a Whisker Biscuit. Might cause problems. I have a spring loaded prong-style arrow rest.

I bet it is, they were popular back then and it'd be about the right vintage as I know most of your archery gear is older. Like noted above, if it ain't broke........... :)

No, it has nothing to do with "if it ain't broke". I'm just cheap.

• Like 1

for compounds I just use 2" blazers.  I set them to a slight offset for outdoor 3D to maintain speed with less drag.  I set them to a max helical (twisted around  shaft) on hunting arrows to get more spin and stability for broadheads and less plaining within arrow flight.