Euro Mount

JALA RUT

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

No kidding…..not a snowballs chance in hell I’d get away with that.   :)

Agreed in my house too. I can push it and get away with some BS. My wife would hunt me down in a bad way if I did that, however.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phade said:

You did that inside? Brave man!

Looks good!

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

No kidding…..not a snowballs chance in hell I’d get away with that.   :)

1 minute ago, phade said:

Agreed in my house too. I can push it and get away with some BS. My wife would hunt me down in a bad way if I did that, however.

I do about 10 in the house a year, dish soap and power laundry booster they don't even smell. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, First-light said:

How long was the boiling process? 

Did 3 seperate boils and powerwash after each. Was never a true boil, more like a good simmer, for about 3-4 hours each, with some Dawn dish soap in each boil to pull oils out of skull/bone, to lessen chances of those oily spots bleeding through whitener.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JALA RUT said:

Did 3 seperate boils and powerwash after each. Was never a true boil, more like a good simmer, for about 3-4 hours each, with some Dawn dish soap in each boil to pull oils out of skull/bone, to lessen chances of those oily spots bleeding through whitener.

What kind of power washer do you have ? I always skip the boil completely, with this 5 hp, 3200 psi model.  It takes me about 1/2 hour, to blast out all of the soft tissue, after skinning the raw head.

My wife still complained a little,  walking past the mess on the driveway the same day, but the birds and vermin always have the mess completely cleaned up by the next morning.  Far less complaints overall, than when I boiled them in the house.  

Another nice thing about keeping them raw, is that you don’t weaken the delicate bone structure around the nose or get any of the yellowing, that can come from too much heat. I don’t really care for shiny white or camo-dipped euros, preferring instead the natural “raw bone” color. 

7E361A95-DFE8-4CC7-8F20-5745EA86018C.thumb.jpeg.8650814a005e58830a5592b6932de8bd.jpeg

• Like 1