Possible Deer Call?

Happened to see this video of a girl playing a harp near a wooded area, as one can see a Deer was very interested in the sound and came quite close to the girl who was in plain sight. Got me thinking on what would happen if one got a harp recording put on to an electronic caller like a foxpro.

Al

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I use to get lease's to cut fire wood on state, some fairly remote places, and many many times after an extended session with the chainsaw I'd shut it off, look around and sure enough there would be deer staring at me. Sometimes pretty close.

Robby

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robby said:

I use to get lease's to cut fire wood on state, some fairly remote places, and many many times after an extended session with the chainsaw I'd shut it off, look around and sure enough there would be deer staring at me. Sometimes pretty close.

Robby

I have heard this is due to conditioning and associating the chainsaw sound with new browse from the greenery left behind.

• Like 1

I remember back when I was kid, F & S magazine had an illustrated readers tip section, and one "tip" was a hunter recommending putting out a battery AM/FM radio playing music.  Claiming deer are curious and (cautiously) will come to see what new sound they are hearing.

Edited by DoubleDose
typo

9 hours ago, Robby said:

Robby

No joke, i shot 2 with a bow while the neighbor was using his chain saw 400 yrds away.

The doe were headed in his direction

On 12/12/2022 at 8:16 AM, airedale said:

Happened to see this video of a girl playing a harp near a wooded area, as one can see a Deer was very interested in the sound and came quite close to the girl who was in plain sight. Got me thinking on what would happen if one got a harp recording put on to an electronic caller like a foxpro.

Al

Came in on a string! Thought it was a buck at first, but it's head "B flat". lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Damn good line! 

lol....thanks! We grew up so poor all we had for toys was our wit and sarcasm. Both have been known to get me in trouble over the years. Class clown and what not! 

Not a mean bone in my body and never a trouble maker, but yelled at a lot for cracking people up, and very little filter.   :  )

Edited by New York Hillbilly

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 8:44 AM, DoubleDose said:

I remember back when I was kid, F & S magazine had an illustrated readers tip section, and one "tip" was a hunter recommending putting out a battery AM/FM radio playing music.  Claiming deer are curious and (cautiously) will come to see what new sound they are hearing.

I had one actually follow me a couple seasons ago while out scouting.  Unfortunately, I left my rifle behind cuz too lazy to carry it , figuring I was just "Scouting" anyway; and the deer seemed to know it. What a mistake!!!