Elon Musk and Twitter Dump- without a doubt , there was election interference !!

On 12/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, 9jNYstarkOH said:

So you came to a thread to talk shit on Elon and Trump but haven’t followed the release of the election interference by the government and twitter. Why? The gop is in free fall? Looks as if the Democratic Party is in free fall as members continue to leave it like Gabbard and Sinema.

I've talked shit on Trump for years, so that's not new. Musk is a new fun game, in that it's so shocking how much of an idiotic man-child he is. 

The midterms showed that the country (D, R, I's) rejected Trumpism and his nutbar lickspittles. Humiliating loss for the GOP, but shows that the system does work. I would say that the GOP is in right shape right now. What will be interesting is how much Trump wants to burn it to the ground for rejecting him.

Gabbard was always nutty and Sinema is just looking for relevance before she cashes in.

23 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

You don’t care that there was election interference ? See , I actually don’t believe you here with all due respect . If same thing would have happened against the Dems you’d be apoplectic and I’d be on your side ; that is one of the main differences , I guess between our world views .

I just did a quick dive into the Twitter Files. Not seeing a lot of there there. 

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Or it might be that you are trying to draw a connection where none exists.

Let's see ... rich dude overpays for something by ten fold, walks in and completely destroys the business by making some of the most laughable changes in management history forcing major advertisers to flee. His insane actions begin to tank his other very profitable business of selling regulatory credits to car manufactures who can't make the requirements which cost his company billions of value. But your contention is that there is no connection to twitter and that the tanking tesla stock is simply people looking at EVs and coming to the conclusion that they suck?

Okay.

1 hour ago, left field said:

Gabbard was always nutty and Sinema is just looking for relevance before she cashes in.

They are courageous souls that are finally breaking free of the rot that is the Democrat party Lefty, cmon.

I just did a quick dive into the Twitter Files. Not seeing a lot of there there. 

Thats cuz your not looking at it objectively!! Rest assured, If same thing was done in reverse to the Dems (ie.e, same tweets, same files dumped, etc) , you'd see it and revere Musk as a national hero .

Let's see ... rich dude overpays for something by ten fold, walks in and completely destroys the business by making some of the most laughable changes in management history forcing major advertisers to flee. His insane actions begin to tank his other very profitable business of selling regulatory credits to car manufactures who can't make the requirements which cost his company billions of value. But your contention is that there is no connection to twitter and that the tanking tesla stock is simply people looking at EVs and coming to the conclusion that they suck?

Completely detsroys? Hardly- hes making them a relevant and viable enterprise , once again :D

• Like 3

Just now, Northcountryman said:

They are courageous souls that are finally breaking free of the rot that is the Democrat party Lefty, cmon.

Thats cuz your not looking at it objectively!! Rest assured, If same thing was done in reverse to the Dems (ie.e, same tweets, same files dumped, etc) , you'd see it and revere Musk as a national hero .

Completely detsroys? Hardly- hes making them a relevant and viable enterprise , once again :D

Never stop being you, dude. 

46 minutes ago, Grouse said:

"There are no so blind as those who refuse to see."

How is it people cannot see how bad things have become in the US since the Democrats stole the 2020 election?

It's crazy, right?

My suggestion - go onto a niche hunting forum and carp about it non stop. Win friends and influence people!

• Haha 1

For those who think there is nothing there in the "Twitter Files", here are some things to look at.

The Twitter Files are not just another case of political one-upmanship. This one matters.

By Jack Devine

Political blockbuster news always seems to evoke the same responses: one side pounces on “the smoking gun,” while the other side yawns dismissively at the “nothing-burger.” The latest such blockbuster is Elon Musk’s release of the so-called Twitter Files, documentation that confirms the platform’s long-suspected systematic restriction — with possible government collaboration — of conservative viewpoints.

While the media seems obsessed primarily with Musk and his motivations, this one is not just another case of political one-upmanship. It’s a big deal. It matters, for at least four reasons:

1) Illegality: If the facts hold up — and they seem solid — much of what we’re seeing is flagrantly unconstitutional.

Yes, Twitter is a private company. They have every right to harbor their own biases and to let those biases influence their published content. That may be irritating to conservatives, but it’s not surprising and it’s not illegal.

But if entities of the U.S. government (e.g., the FBI) have actively participated with Twitter in deciding what otherwise sound information is to be withheld from the public, that would be a clear violation of the freedom of speech guaranteed by the First Amendment. That appears to be exactly the case.

2) Consequences: The suppression of information by Twitter has had far-reaching effects on our country.

One obvious example is Twitter’s decision to prohibit content related to the infamous Hunter Biden laptop, and the effect of that decision on the 2020 presidential election. Whether it changed the election’s outcome is unknowable, but quite possibly it did — post-election polls indicate that many might have voted differently had they been aware of the evidence of Biden-family financial connections with China.

Let’s be clear — the 2020 election is long over, and it’s not the first tainted election in history; the recent midterm results made clear that voters aren’t interested in settling old scores. But the Twitter Files should at least silence the “fair and transparent” chorus.

And the matter remains every bit as pertinent today. Doesn’t every American citizen deserve to know whether their president is, or was, on the payroll of one of our nation’s major adversaries?

Here’s another consequence: pandemic policy. The Biden administration’s iron-handed enforcement of COVID policy — including lockdowns, school closings, and mandatory vaccinations — was indirectly aided by Twitter’s suppression of alternative views. For example, Twitter shadow banned Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, eminent Stanford expert on infectious diseases and primary author of “The Great Barrington Declaration,” which argued for a more sensible, targeted protective COVID strategy that could have saved many lives.

Again, it’s impossible to know whether a better-informed public would have demanded a more effective public pandemic policy; we’ll never know. But absent that opportunity, we’re left with millions of American deaths and a shattered economy.

3) Extent: This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. It is not unreasonable to suspect that Twitter’s practices are endemic of all of Big Tech. And consider the complicity of other information outlets in consciously restricting information available to the public.

As examples, the owners and operators of The New York Times (“All the news that’s fit to print”) and The Washington Post (“Democracy dies in the darkness”) may have been truly convinced that Donald Trump’s reelection would be bad for America — but they owed it to their readers to provide a balanced, measured look at the credible evidence of malfeasance by his political adversary.

Nevertheless, they chose to bury the New York Post reporting about the Hunter Biden laptop and to accept without question the “Russian interference” alibi. Adding insult to injury is their stony silence today, as their willful ignorance two years ago becomes more obvious.

4) Democracy: One of the prominent political narratives of the Biden first term is the alleged decline of American democracy, attributed by the president and others to Republican extremists and election deniers.

While I believe that’s a wholly contrived issue, it appeared prominently among the worries cited by midterm voters. On the contrary, however, Musk’s Twitter Files reveal what is in fact a very real threat to our nation: the potential that Big Tech and a large segment of mainstream media, in league with government entities, can directly manipulate the information available — and hence the thinking, and ultimately the voting — of millions of Americans.

As an op-ed writer, I sometimes worry that my warnings are too loud or too shrill, or that the echoes of George Orwell’s “big brother” are overstated. But what is far more unsettling is learning that the real situation may be more serious than I’d ever imagined.

This may be one of those cases. It matters.

Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit against the Barak Obama Presidential Library for Obama White House records about the 2016 “Russia Collusion Hoax.”
The records, which by law were not available under FOIA until five years after President Obama left office, are held at the Library, which is part of the National Archives system.
“The records we are seeking go to the heart of the Obama administration’s efforts to undermine the incoming president, Donald J. Trump, and tie up his new administration in a phony scandal,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “And the Obama Library is part of the same National Archives system that is subjecting President Trump to unprecedented harassment about Trump White House record keeping practices.”

38 minutes ago, left field said:

Exactly!

Actually, I'm not really sure what that means or how it's a rebuttal to Musk is a moran, but I felt you needed the encouragement. Go get em, Tiger!

Moran? Some times you talk very articulate and some times you sound like a small spoiled child. Why when you disagree with someone does that make them a moron. Do you think so highly of your positions that if anyone disagrees they must be a moron or you just a rude Richard making fun of his Asperger’s. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

Don't disagree that sometimes I'm articulate and other times I'm a complete moran - a fairly old yet still funny meme.

image.thumb.png.f4627f79c181b9de1951907b06aa3761.png

My point is that Musk is acting like a utter idiotic manchild. Fire them! Rehire them! Free speech! Unless you make fun of me then banned!

So much fun to watch.

This is an interesting take on why he is failing so badly.

Elon Musk has a pretty tried-and-true playbook for doing business — he's used it for years to build companies from Tesla to SpaceX. Unfortunately for him, it is not a model that can turn Twitter into a profitable company. It's one that will take the social-media company down in flames.

Here's the Musk playbook: Enter a field with very little competition. Claim that your new company will solve a massive, global problem or achieve a seemingly impossible goal. Raise money from a fervent group of true believers and keep them on the hook with flashy, half-baked product ideas. Suck up billions from the government. Underpay, undervalue, and overwork your employees. Repeat.

Twitter is the antithesis of an "Elon Musk company." It's an influential but small player in a field that is dominated by giant, well-funded competitors. The government is more likely to put the clamps on Twitter than give it some windfall contract. And Twitter's employees have options: They can leave and work for companies that treat them much better than Musk ever would.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-business-playbook-boss-visionary-jerk-spacex-tesla-twitter-2022-12

3 hours ago, left field said:

Exactly!

Actually, I'm not really sure what that means or how it's a rebuttal to Musk is a moran, but I felt you needed the encouragement. Go get em, Tiger!

Sure you do Lefty ; you’re a smart guy and even you  know it’s balls on accurate :D.  I think you should be gracious here and concede you was bested this time ;)