Smoke pole time

luberhill

Some of the best days in MZ are driven by weather and pressure. MZ pressure is much much less IMO.

I find that the Thursday and Friday PMs of MZ week are very good. As is the final Tuesday. Pressure is even less during the work week. We haven’t hunted a single PM M-W following regular season close ever. We use that time to let deer acclimate to lower pressure and scout from afar in the evenings with glass. Once we figure out where they prefer to feed we look at hunting Thursday or Friday PM. Late season IMO is similar in approach to early season where quality sits matter more than seat time. It gets hard again to find a solid AM scenario, too. It happens but it’s a needle in the haystack.

A few days of next to no or no pressure can really open the door to a pattern to go after. Scout twice as much as you hunt late season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

My cameras were showing almost exclusively late night activity, except for with changing weather. I made a point of getting out in the worst weather as well as when it broke, and consistently saw more deer this year than I had the last few.

The evening before the storm and the morning after are always good for sure.