Bad Purchases

I have made several Bad Purchases for hunting gear . One of the worst ones I made was the "Air Skinner" . It has several needle type devices that you carefully use with an air compressor to loosen the deer's hide for easier skinning . The video makes it look pretty easy . However , the video shows the Air Skinner being used on a deer that hasn't been field dressed . On a field dressed deer , it is pretty much worthless as the air escapes through the field dressed chest area . It works fairly well on the neck area and the legs but worthless on the rest of the deer hide . Has anyone had a good experience with an Air Skinner ?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=Air+Skinner#id=1&vid=c8a9c205bc824e5b484f2a806a560e14&action=click

Air Skinner.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I have made several Bad Purchases for hunting gear . One of the worst ones I made was the "Air Skinner" . It has several needle type devices that you carefully use with an air compressor to loosen the deer's hide for easier skinning . The video makes it look pretty easy . However , the video shows the Air Skinner being used on a deer that hasn't been field dressed . On a field dressed deer , it is pretty much worthless as the air escapes through the field dressed chest area . It works fairly well on the neck area and the legs but worthless on the rest of the deer hide . Has anyone had a good experience with an Air Skinner ?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=Air+Skinner#id=1&vid=c8a9c205bc824e5b484f2a806a560e14&action=click

Air Skinner.jpg

What exactly went wrong Eddie?

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

What exactly went wrong Eddie?

As long as there is no way for the air to escape , it works fine ( neck and legs ) . With the chest cavity open , It has no resistance to the hide and can't loosen it . Notice in the video that it is done without being field dressed . A waste of money . It's just a gimmick . 

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

As long as there is no way for the air to escape , it works fine ( neck and legs ) . With the chest cavity open , It has no resistance to the hide and can't loosen it . Notice in the video that it is done without being field dressed . A waste of money . It's just a gimmick . 

I had a friend inject and air up my buck (maybe you saw my post on the OTHER site?) from opening day last month and was very surprised at how well it worked.  My buck was gutted and had three holes in it; two shots, one exited and one didn't. 

My friend injected my buck in at least four spots, two in the hindquarters and two in the front shoulders.  Maybe the neck too?  It didn't take more that a couple minutes to do it and it did make a difference.

You're not using a hand bicycle pump are you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I had a friend inject and air up my buck (maybe you saw my post on the OTHER site?) from opening day last month and was very surprised at how well it worked.  My buck was gutted and had three holes in it; two shots, one exited and one didn't. 

My friend injected my buck in at least four spots, two in the hindquarters and two in the front shoulders.  Maybe the neck too?  It didn't take more that a couple minutes to do it and it did make a difference.

You're not using a hand bicycle pump are you?

I am using a Craftsman 125 psi air compressor . It worked okay in spots but was worthless once the air got to the open chest cavity . Any of the videos I saw , showed deer that hadn't been field dressed . Ya think that might have had something to do with it ? 

14 minutes ago, land 1 said:

never really heard of air skinner, it takes like less then 10 or 15 minutes to skin a deer and not  labor intencive  it does sound like waiste of $$$

It helps considerably with a frozen or semi frozen deer.  That was my interest......

• Like 1