TEAM UP AND HUNT!

AaronBlaine

Hey guys just throwing it out there to anybody interested in teaming up for some hunts during the up coming season feel free to pm me and come tag along.  Experience level does not matter over the past few years I have been meeting friends off this site I hope to hunt with for a life time!  Everyone is welcome to join! There are no fees or dues just trying to get a bunch of guys or girls together to join in on the great harvest this year.  Definitely going to be having some game cook offs and everyone is encouraged to donate some harvest of there own!  Time to keep this wonderful tradition alive and kicking so some day our kids can enjoy layin em down as well! Good luck and safe hunting! 

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys sorry for the delay! I was on a goose hunt all weekend with some fellow huntingny ers! Slammed em with a total of 53 birds all together!  I am going on a scout this weekend at rocky point for deer for early bow.  If you are interested in joining us for a scout feel free to pm me and I will tell you where we are meeting and when.  So far we are planning to meet at parking lot 1 by the pheasant field.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would give the deer a brake for a while.  They are struggling.  The snow is still pretty deep and the food is minimal.  Plenty of time to scout out for next season.  They have been chased for 4 months on LI, starting in February is pushing it a bit don't you think?

I would not mind scouting but after winters grip brakes and the deer are less stressed out.  Patterning a winter deer yard or sheltered area might push them out resulting in more stress to an already stressed out animal in these conditions. 

If you go the other advantage for the deer would be you blazing new trails through the snow. 

Good luck what ever you choose.  

• 1 year later...

Oh, that sucks.  I'm really sorry to hear that.  Some times when I'm down in the dumps or if I'm really peeved I head out into the woods and the calming effect of nature helps me re-center myself.  Glad you're back though.  Let me know whenever you setup a group hunt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AaronBlaine said:

Thanks it's good to be back! I lost my mother to cancer and was down in the dumps for a few years however I have finally come full circle and I'm ready to get back in the woods

Been in the same situation....

Good to hear you are after it again. Good luck this season.

• Like 1

Thanks it's good to be back! I lost my mother to cancer and was down in the dumps for a few years however I have finally come full circle and I'm ready to get back in the woods

Sorry to hear about that! Spending time in the woods can really help you work through things. To us hunters being in the woods is better than any therapy out there. Glad to here you back and hopefully you have a great season. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss. Been 15 years since I lost my mother to cancer. Still get depressed at times when fishing or camping at places we used to go. You never get over it, you just learn to accept it.

Glad you are back on the horse and ready to go again. Good luck this season.

• Like 2

I can't thank you guys enough for the kind words.  This was the place when I first started hunting that thought me everything I know about hunting and helped me to eventually bag my first buck.  I made this post a few years back and I plan on staying true to my word on a group hunt. Let me get my bearings and we can meet up to scout some land for the up coming hunting season! Good luck and feel free to post any places you would be interested in hunting in. I would be more then happy to share my knowledge of some of the public lands I have pounded over the years with some success! 

• Like 2

It outright sucks.  I lost my father in March.  He died in my arms after battling a long illness.  I'm not depressed, but I am thoroughly bummed out.  This entire past week, I just start crying at times.   I thought it would get better with time, but it's not.   Whenever I want to tell my father something, or think of him, it just sucks to know he is gone forever.

and in my religion, the coffin goes in the ground, and the family buries the coffin.   So there is total closure.  But it sucks big time.

• Like 2