TEAM UP AND HUNT!

AaronBlaine

It's in the solitude and peace of the woods that I find it the easiest to "speak" with my loved ones who have passed on. And it's where I can hear them "speak" back to me through the wind in the trees. Without this, I'm not sure I could have made it through some of the darkest hours.

I'd be willing to start a group hunt up in the capitol region! Maybe Partridge Run or Thatcher Park and who knows, perhaps on private land.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, AaronBlaine said:

I can't thank you guys enough for the kind words.  This was the place when I first started hunting that thought me everything I know about hunting and helped me to eventually bag my first buck.  I made this post a few years back and I plan on staying true to my word on a group hunt. Let me get my bearings and we can meet up to scout some land for the up coming hunting season! Good luck and feel free to post any places you would be interested in hunting in. I would be more then happy to share my knowledge of some of the public lands I have pounded over the years with some success! 

Would this be LI or upstate? 

• Like 1

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS  good to see your back in the game .The woods to me is my quiet time my place to think and thank god for what we have ..I would like to join ya  I myself hunt long island   state and county property I hunt with two other fellas that I braught into the sport last year and got him his first bow buck .........

• Like 1

Man I am blown away by the amount of people interested in this! I have to say it's motivating as all hell. The heartwarming stories everyone has shared I can completely relate to and I thank you all again.  Now as far as the group is concerned we are going to need a good name for the club.  To be fair for as many guys on here as possible due to the enormous size of NY we may have to break it up to a northern southern zone chapter with meet ups etc..  If anyone is interested in meeting up this weekend I will be going to ridge rifle range this weekend on sat to sight in my 30 06.  Anyone local or willing to meet up are welcome! I am probably going to bring my bow and do a little shooting on the archery range as well for the bow hunters!  We should discuss mass scouting operations as well for public/private lands as well. Also absolutely any type of hunting is allowed and strongly encouraged! Waterfowl large/small game are all welcome! So bring it on! The goal here is to spread as much knowledge of the sport as possible and a combined effort to get em leaking! Feel free to pm me if you are going to be able to meet up this weekend if not there will be plenty more to come! God bless and good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks it's good to be back! I lost my mother to cancer and was down in the dumps for a few years however I have finally come full circle and I'm ready to get back in the woods

Welcome back I to lost my mother to cancer about 10 yrs ago so I know how devistating it can make you feel.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the blur said:

This weekend is not the weekend to go to Brookhaven range.   It's range day for Campsite gun shop, and 10 zillion people will be there.

I'm also looking for a place to hunt.   I live just west of you.

And this is why I love this forum! Thanks for the info do you know if they will be there all weekend or just Saturday? I am itching to get to the range and get ,y scope back where it needs to be I had my trigger manifold come loose so I had to lock tight the bolts.  It ruined a bear hunt a few years back so it's a long time coming! There is also the river head range however it's not my top choice. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, AaronBlaine said:

And this is why I love this forum! Thanks for the info do you know if they will be there all weekend or just Saturday? I am itching to get to the range and get ,y scope back where it needs to be I had my trigger manifold come loose so I had to lock tight the bolts.  It ruined a bear hunt a few years back so it's a long time coming! There is also the river head range however it's not my top choice. Any thoughts?

There's also the Calverton range, but i hear some bad things about that place. 

Hey Aaron frist let me give my condolence to you and your family on your lost I lost my mom 5yrs ago and miss her everyday she will always be with you in your heart and mind. I live in nassau county I've never been to ridge rifle range,where is it located. I also need to sight in my rifle my wife bought me for my birthday a ruger american in 30-06 and I would like to try some ammo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKhunter said:

Also interested. I wouldn't mind setting up a back country hunt. Head up north somewhere and spike camp for a few days and hunt. Also interested in any small game or waterfowl hunts as well. I'm located in Queens, so not to far from you.

I would do a back country hunt but I would need a whole lot of advance notice for that.  My son it too much for one person to handle by themselves for extended periods of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKhunter said:

Also interested. I wouldn't mind setting up a back country hunt. Head up north somewhere and spike camp for a few days and hunt. Also interested in any small game or waterfowl hunts as well. I'm located in Queens, so not to far from you.

Sounds like a great time. There are a few members on here including one at Suffolk Archers that has experience with that. 

18 hours ago, AaronBlaine said:

Man I am blown away by the amount of people interested in this! I have to say it's motivating as all hell. The heartwarming stories everyone has shared I can completely relate to and I thank you all again.  Now as far as the group is concerned we are going to need a good name for the club.  To be fair for as many guys on here as possible due to the enormous size of NY we may have to break it up to a northern southern zone chapter with meet ups etc..  If anyone is interested in meeting up this weekend I will be going to ridge rifle range this weekend on sat to sight in my 30 06.  Anyone local or willing to meet up are welcome! I am probably going to bring my bow and do a little shooting on the archery range as well for the bow hunters!  We should discuss mass scouting operations as well for public/private lands as well. Also absolutely any type of hunting is allowed and strongly encouraged! Waterfowl large/small game are all welcome! So bring it on! The goal here is to spread as much knowledge of the sport as possible and a combined effort to get em leaking! Feel free to pm me if you are going to be able to meet up this weekend if not there will be plenty more to come! God bless and good luck!

Hey I live in Northport as well! Don't need Brookhaven. I shoot in my backyard. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I would do a back country hunt but I would need a whole lot of advance notice for that.  My son it too much for one person to handle by themselves for extended periods of time.

31 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Sounds like a great time. There are a few members on here including one at Suffolk Archers that has experience with that. 

As would I in order to get the time off. Maybe head out on a Fri night Sat morning and head back Tuesday evening. Nothing to far or long but enough to get the camping/hunting experience. Anyone that has done one of these trips and wouldn't mind company or anyone interested in joining let me know. I'm a newbie at that to, but would be a good chance to test some gear and meet some fellow hunters. Also good to do those back country trips with people as a matter of safety. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

As would I in order to get the time off. Maybe head out on a Fri night Sat morning and head back Tuesday evening. Nothing to far or long but enough to get the camping/hunting experience. Anyone that has done one of these trips and wouldn't mind company or anyone interested in joining let me know. I'm a newbie at that to, but would be a good chance to test some gear and meet some fellow hunters. Also good to do those back country trips with people as a matter of safety. 

NFA-ADK has done Adirondack hunts like that. 5 days seems like a good enough time to do it as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kayakwilly said:

ive done most of my hunts on long island  mainly riverhead  northport does have a lot of deer but access is real tight .Otis is good and wabblers woods east and west side

I used to hunt deer on LI but no more. Too many ticks! I like the feel and aura of hunting upstate!

I have always wanted to do a camping backwoods hunt. And make it a regular thing. Robin inspires me!!

I recently began researching the Cedar River Flow and may just give it a look here some weekend on an overnight to take a look.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kayakwilly said:

IMG_0894.JPGOtis last year I put my friend on his first bow buck

Nice buck. I've hunted Otis but unfortunately never successful. Not crazy about the whole check in there. And way too many people. And lots of people who shouldn't be hunting (when it comes to small game). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ctn830 said:

Nice buck. I've hunted Otis but unfortunately never successful. Not crazy about the whole check in there. And way too many people. And lots of people who shouldn't be hunting (when it comes to small game). 

were I go there is no check in on the south side of expressway only north side