TEAM UP AND HUNT!

AaronBlaine

7 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

There's also the Calverton range, but i hear some bad things about that place. 

Yea calverton is a wild place compared to Brookhaven. It's a good place to practice standing and shooting which is a good thing to be good at in the field.

7 hours ago, hawkenwoodsman said:

Hey Aaron frist let me give my condolence to you and your family on your lost I lost my mom 5yrs ago and miss her everyday she will always be with you in your heart and mind. I live in nassau county I've never been to ridge rifle range,where is it located. I also need to sight in my rifle my wife bought me for my birthday a ruger american in 30-06 and I would like to try some ammo 

Thanks a lot man I am sorry for your loss.  I work in Nassau over in plan dome heights.  It's out east I live in northport and it's a solid 45 min from me. They have a website I will try and find it. I am gonna aim for Sunday early. 

21 hours ago, the blur said:

This weekend is not the weekend to go to Brookhaven range.   It's range day for Campsite gun shop, and 10 zillion people will be there.

I'm also looking for a place to hunt.   I live just west of you.

I want to tear up kings park it's like ten min from me. As well as rocky point

I think some of the campsites on eastern long island are open for most of archery.....I stayed at wildwood one year during the week and it was pretty deserted, certainly not backwoods but would be a good time and not too far for a lot of the guys and the hunting is close....just a thought.

Very sorry for your loss, deepest condolences.  I am up for some range time and possibly setting up a hunt.  We also have a 3D shoot this weekend if anyone wants to meet up and shoot.  Its on Sunday at 9 am at Suffolk Archers.  I can hit the rifle range next week Sat or Sun.   

8 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Very sorry for your loss, deepest condolences.  I am up for some range time and possibly setting up a hunt.  We also have a 3D shoot this weekend if anyone wants to meet up and shoot.  Its on Sunday at 9 am at Suffolk Archers.  I can hit the rifle range next week Sat or Sun.   

There a charge for non members for Sunday 

9 hours ago, Vince1 said:

hey bro, sorry for your loss. glad to see you back in it though.

always game to hook up

Hey Vince long time no see! Had some great hunts with you man you pick the time and place and I'm in. I keep thinking of that spot you found with all the bear droppings. We might have to try it again

9 hours ago, jjb4900 said:

I think some of the campsites on eastern long island are open for most of archery.....I stayed at wildwood one year during the week and it was pretty deserted, certainly not backwoods but would be a good time and not too far for a lot of the guys and the hunting is close....just a thought.

I'd be liking to check it out

7 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Oh that sounds pretty cool I might skip the range and take you up on that. What are they charging for the day?

7 hours ago, Kayakwilly said:

I'd be more then glad to take you just need county and state pass 

Yea I'm totally down for Otis I have my parking pass and green key I just loss my green key so I'll have to get another one. Point me in the right direction and I'll take care of the paperwork thanks again!

1 hour ago, AaronBlaine said:

Yea I'm totally down for Otis I have my parking pass and green key I just loss my green key so I'll have to get another one. Point me in the right direction and I'll take care of the paperwork thanks again!

Green key you can get at cathedral pines on middle country rd or at sayville golf course Otis is ahold spot not a lot of deer but good quality I had a 130 class 8 last yr bust me talk about the shakes he was 20yrds coming at me but it's a hike to get in I'm gonna set a stand and hope it does not gets stolen 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

what type of small game do they have at otis pike?   Do they release pheasant there?    A lot of pressure?

its a little bit if a tripnfrom me but im always open to trying out worthwhile spots 

they release birds every week during the season. But it doesn't matter because there are so many idiots hunting there. I truly mean it. I once had someone shoot towards the road (Hello!) and hit the side of my truck. Chased that SOB but never caught him/her. To get on there in the woods I guess its ok but don think of going on the weekend.

8 hours ago, ctn830 said:

they release birds every week during the season. But it doesn't matter because there are so many idiots hunting there. I truly mean it. I once had someone shoot towards the road (Hello!) and hit the side of my truck. Chased that SOB but never caught him/her. To get on there in the woods I guess its ok but don think of going on the weekend.

Damn! Sorry to hear that about your truck that's wild!

• 4 weeks later...