How we looking in 3H???

burmjohn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had mostly does on my camera, though I did catch several pictures of a 5 point and a few of a 4 point.  I hunted the first Sunday and Monday of the season.  I had some yearlings pass under my stand but I let them go.  Momma was a little more wary and ended up busting me on the draw because I was so excited that my muscle memory kicked in and I almost ripped my arm out of my socket.

I hurt my should earlier this year and I have to draw my bow a very specific way or else it really, really hurts.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

I hurt it about a year ago at the gym.  I thought I tore my rotator cuff, but the MRI said different.  I shut my shoulder down from all weights and archery for 6 months and it was feeling pretty good around August when I started shooting again.

However, being the stubborn ass I am, I tweeked it in the gym again, about a week before the season.  I had no idea how badly I had re-injured it until I tried to draw back my bow and saw stars.

Ah well, after bow season, I'll probably have to shut it down for another 6 months, but I'm trying to limp through until the season is over.

I had 8 or 9 doe in front of me this morning as I was getting ready to draw on the biggest one in comes a heavy horned bruiser on the hunt for some love,never stopped for a shot chased them all around and they all ran back into the thick stuff,this guy was in the mood for love.I have never seen a buck chasing this early.....the wind got pretty nasty so I packed it in at lunch time...this is gonna be a long week.

• 2 weeks later...