How we looking in 3H???

burmjohn

I was up Mon and Tues for the last couple days of bow.  I saw one nice buck and a couple of smaller ones, but nothing in range.  They were chasing does though. Opening weekend should be very active.  I really hope that nice buck I saw shows up again.

• Like 1

I was up Mon and Tues for the last couple days of bow.  I saw one nice buck and a couple of smaller ones, but nothing in range.  They were chasing does though. Opening weekend should be very active.  I really hope that nice buck I saw shows up again.

With the colder weather moving in hope it kicks everything off!

• Like 1

I do have 1 doe tag but I am saving it for my son if he does not get one by the last weekend I well fill it...Too bad on the miss it happens to all of us at some time..........

Yea, I shot off hand somewhere between 55 and 70 yards, I had a friend with me, out for his first hunt and didn't want to maneuver to much........ I did the nice thing and gave him the doe tag I had and spent Sunday afternoon getting him is first deer post-762-141645291064_thumb.jpg

If anyone has a doe tag they might not be able to fill I could really use it! I need some meat.

Well i hunted late afternoon Friday all day yesterday and most of today and only saw a single doe which i could not get a shot at......But it was an awesome today weather wise.......So i might be eating tag soup this year....Well be heading back up Friday morning so lets see.......

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the dust has settled on 2014, Just curious on every ones opinion of the staus of 3H. After 2 very poor seasons with either no bucks seen and little deer sightings, which is surprising considering we have had 7 years of AR. 2014 has been a good year. The deer population seems to have grown in my neck of the woods and although I did not see any boone and crockett's, Seeing several bucks during the bow and rifle season was worth paying the tolls. I want to believe AR is working..any thoughts.