Avg gas and electric bill

luberhill

8 hours ago, Larry said:

Remember after the first of the year gas is going to go up. The governor said they are going to have to add the state tax back on a gallon of gas that's about 33 cents a gallon. That's not including the sales tax.

Didn’t she also say that she wants everyone on electric heat in a few more years.  I wonder how that’s going to work out with winter power outages.  Maybe she’s anticipating some type of miraculous end to global warming and “climate change” storms like the (2) recent blizzards.  

Sure glad I have a wood stove.  Thanks to that, the colder it is outside in the winter, the less gas I burn.  It gets too hot in the house, with it going, when the outside temps are above 30 degrees:  

60F618D3-B9C2-425E-90B0-572D2125D277.thumb.jpeg.a89bf4e39b127e2c978a5278bd9b62d0.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

They also want to ban wood, pellet, coal, stove's and wood boilers.

Just wondering how bad the electric grid took a hit because of snow on solar panels and windmills having to be locked in place.

Solution is to vote out the snowflake morons in government. Cannot wait to hear the plan to set up EV charging stations along the interstate highway system. Got to build the transmission lines to new substations and extend primary voltage conductors to transformation at the charging stations.  HUGE costs. Easier to just fill your tank with gasoline.

Again, vote the idiots out that want this stuff shoved down your throats. What a joke. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

If your last bill is 200 for gas and electric your heat must be on pretty low I'd think  .  I'm over 300 all day in winter

Wow,,, maybe my next one will be higher ..

We have NYSEG electric and natural gas ..

Heat is 68 day, 65 night

Gas range , water heater , furnace , elect dryer , 2 people 

7 hours ago, luberhill said:

Really ? NG heat ?

RGE.  In fairness, the house is bigger than many but probably not out of line per sq ft for others.   I always laugh when I get a $200-300 estimated because I know a $700 plus actual is coming soon.  They suck at estimating.   

We have about 2000 sq. ft, 3 or 4 residents, and our gas and electric bill has never been over $ 200 per month.   Our (2) gas furnaces are set at 67 at night and 69, if we are home in the daytime.  

If the outside temperature is below 32, then our gas bill is lower, because most of our heat comes from the wood stove.  It gets too hot in the house to use that, when it’s warmer outside.  

My house is only 813 sqft. My last electric was about $50. When I run the electric out to the dogs I will be like $100 a month, I think that's what it was when I was running my central air also. For me that seems like a lot for a small house and my gas bill averages 80