UPS now requires you to have an FFL to ship any firearm

Grouse

I have sold many firearms over the years online and always shipped them via UPS from one of their hubs.  They had to be sent to an FFL, but I was never stopped from shipping one.  All they wanted to see was my valid drivers license.

UPS now wants anyone shipping a firearm to have an account listing an FFL you have.

So now we have to pay an FFL to ship a firearm for us.  Just more cost for the firearm owner that does nothing to reduce crime.

Edited by Grouse
  • Sad 1

All they should be concerned about is who a firearm is delivered to.  What does it matter who ships it?  I would think criminals don't ship firearms with UPS, especially to an FFL, but I know there are some working for UPS that are stealing some of the ones shipped.  That isn't something having an FFL is going to prevent though.

The politicians may have influenced this UPS decision, but UPS is the one making it hard for legal gun owners in this case.  Any business that folds to pressure to violate citizen's Constitutional rights should be held responsible for their actions and not allowed to claim they were afraid of the government.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It appears UPS is enacting this policy on their own.  This is not some State or Federal law requirement.  I am not surprised at all given recent activities by Governors and AGs.  I would think this policy is to provide some legal protection for if/when some state like NY or CA tries to also sue them for the "people violence using guns" in their cities.