Anyone on LI seeing anything decent out there?

Fishhead631

I've been noticing a lot of Does through out the summer on the cameras....

Not much Buck action, few 4's /6's, (less then normal from previous years).

I know a couple good 10's+ made it through last season, though, not seeing them anywhere...

What's it look out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont have any trail cameras, but I been scouting a few times.  One morning I intentially got out early to glass a field that I was interested in hunting near, and saw a big boy out there. Very tall rack, 8 or 10 pts.  Other than that I've seen a four other bucks almost accidentally. None big. But to your question.....Its long island, there is always deer around and there is always a chance for a real bruiser rack.

• 1 month later...

Havent been killin it as far as time in the woods.  jUst too busy lately.  But, from a two morning posts that I did last weekend, it seems that the morning activity went down considerably from opening day til now in the two spots I hunted. oh well. 

Past up some shots on does and small bucks opening day, havent had any shot opportunities since.  Also saw 2 good bucks and one real nice one the first few days of season (no shots), but didnt see any this past weekend.

Went out this afternoon. Didn't see a thing. Wind wasn't helping. Found some nice fresh rubs all over and a few scrapes. Set up a camera, hopefully I'll get to see something if no ones steals it. Also found out someone's been setting up a stand on he property. I guess they can't read. POSTED.

Just got it this year. Maybe it will help pin point the times a little better, if it survives?

The piece I hunt has had an influx of trespassing a**holes that can't read. They cut branches, screw steps into trees, mess up the place. The owner gets real pissed, which makes it harder for me to get permission each year.

Just got it this year. Maybe it will help pin point the times a little better, if it survives?

The piece I hunt has had an influx of trespassing a**holes that can't read. They cut branches, screw steps into trees, mess up the place. The owner gets real pissed, which makes it harder for me to get permission each year.

Get the landowner's OK to do so and then call the DEC and the cops.When the tresspassers are caught......have the landowner press charges.....to the fullest extent.The tresspassers will get the hint.

Hope your not using an expensive one....with all the trespassers running around it not gonna have a good ending.I have permission on a small 10 acre place In Southampton and I have had a few on it....Im expecting to loose it any year now.....it's frustrating as hell I have lost more good places because of other knuckle heads its not even funny

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Bought a cheaper model that was on sale. We already had 3 ticketed/ stopped by DEC. They still don't get it. Unfortunately, the courts don't see trespassing, baiting, jacking as serious crimes and these idiots just come back the next year hoping to get away with it. I've hunted private spots out east where someone planted weed in the corn fields.