Anyone on LI seeing anything decent out there?

Fishhead631

I went out this afternoon, got in a little later than I wanted. I heard lots of movement, and then about 4:30 had a small 6 come in. He hung around for about 5 minutes, his head in the air sniffing the doe scent.  I was hoping the bigger guys would have come in after, but  no such luck. I'm going back in tomorrow and see what comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen anything lately? I know that a lot of bucks were taken recently from checking out some pictures on other sites. I've also seen a few bucks and does on the roads hit, but haven't gotten much in the woods. I've also heard of some nice racks being taken out of areas or neighborhoods were hunting isn't allowed, but sadly don't see much action during the day in any spots. Just curious.

There was a lot of bucks taken last week. I'm not sure about the does. I did see several does today with 1 small buck chasing them, but that was in an area where there is no hunting allowed, so they don't have any pressure. I'm hoping to see something this weekend after I check the trail cam, if it's still there....

The property I hunt borders public land. Even though its posted, we still get a lot of trespassing. I guess the schools out here suck, because people can't read. I bought a camera this year when Dick's had them on sale, I figured it would be a gamble. Got the camera, just a few doe and a small buck.

I only hunt public land, and run 8-10 cameras throughout the season. Your gonna lose some but what you can figure out from them in priceless. Don't buy expensive cams. I usually expect to lose 2 per year to thieves but not gonna let them stop me from finding the bucks im looking for.

I'm not as patient or as tolerant as you on this issue. I have come a cross PLENTY of stands and cameras and would never think of taking them. Some people (I don't consider them hunters) are degenerates here and would take the fillings out of their mothers teeth if they could. Are you hunting public upstate or L.I.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk