.257 Roberts Brass

3 minutes ago, onlybrowning said:

I’m looking for some .257 Roberts brass. I’ve got brass to trade or will purchase. Might have other items of interest to trade as well. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I MIGHT have some for you but then again I might have gotten rid of them already.   I had a Remington 722 in 257 Roberts but sold it a while ago.  I’m foggy on what I did with the cases.   

Ill try and remember to check in the morning.   

You can get 6mm Remington brass at gaff & son's. If you go this route you will have to fire form them after seizing. This may be easier than finding 257 brass. It's a little work but it's not hard to do.

Thanks for this info. I actually looked for 7x57 brass (half heartedly) and didn’t find any. I’d probably spend the crazy amount for new Nosler .257 Bob brass before going the 6mm route.

One of the pitfalls of owning a non mainstream chambering and especially so these days as the sellers are asking and getting wicked high prices for hard to get ammo and components.

I have three that have caused me grief, 284 Winchester, 222 Rem Mag and the recently acquired 256 Win Mag. Being a handloader is a savior when owning these type cartridges as they all can be made from other existing cartridges based on the same case.

I would say the best source for hard to find Brass these days is Gunbroker.com, a lot of the stuff is overpriced but patience is a virtue and sometimes you can get a decent buy especially on good once fired cases.

Al

Edited by airedale

Thanks for checking Lawd.

Al, I believe you are right. I just got some new .284 brass from a guy on GB. Unfortunately, the .257 stuff is even more pricey.

The thing that gets me most is that many years back, I sold an Encore pistol barrel in .257 and sent along the (then easy to find) brass with it.