Best scope for sniper 370

luberhill

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I’m still using the stock scope but it’s not great.

I see lots of positive things about the Vortex crossfire , it’s a 200.00 scope . I assume this would be a better scope than the stock one I have .

Any of you guys use this scope

I have the vortex and the redfield crossbow rangefinder(discontinued)
I prefer the redfield, its dead accurate with custom bolts out to 60yards.

Typed too fast before, as I was heading out the door. Meant to say Hawke. Mine has the speed ring adjustment and lighted crosshairs that can be lit red or green. Super clear and bright and works great even without turning on the crosshair light.

I don't see pricing on the Wyvern site, however, I don't think you can beat what he offers. Also, he doesn't charge for shipping or sales tax.

I can also tell you that the Hawke customer service is fantastic. You can speak to someone in their shop if you have a problem. The cap for the light battery was hard for me to get off and I used pliers to remove it and scuffed it up a little (even though I covered it with  a cloth). They overnighted me a new cap after I called,no charge.

Best of luck with your research and your choice, whatever you decide.

22 minutes ago, Untwisted Pretzel logic said:

Typed too fast before, as I was heading out the door. Meant to say Hawke. Mine has the speed ring adjustment and lighted crosshairs that can be lit red or green. Super clear and bright and works great even without turning on the crosshair light.

I don't see pricing on the Wyvern site, however, I don't think you can beat what he offers. Also, he doesn't charge for shipping or sales tax.

I can also tell you that the Hawke customer service is fantastic. You can speak to someone in their shop if you have a problem. The cap for the light battery was hard for me to get off and I used pliers to remove it and scuffed it up a little (even though I covered it with  a cloth). They overnighted me a new cap after I called,no charge.

He won’t buy anything.    We’ve been down this road a few times.  

27 minutes ago, Untwisted Pretzel logic said:

Yea I’m between the Hawke , Crossfire, Truglo , 

I think any of these three would be much better than this stock scope .

Ill check out Wyvern , thx 

23 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea I’m between the Hawke , Crossfire, Truglo , 

I think any of these three would be much better than this stock scope .

Ill check out Wyvern , thx 

On my Scorpyd I took the Hawke off because I’m not a fan of all the yardage lines in there. It’s to busy in there. Just regular crosshairs are fine when the crossbow will go from 0 to 80 with no adjustments needed. I do like the lighted crosshairs for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

On my Scorpyd I took the Hawke off because I’m not a fan of all the yardage lines in there. It’s to busy in there. Just regular crosshairs are fine when the crossbow will go from 0 to 80 with no adjustments needed. I do like the lighted crosshairs for sure. 

Yea I agree , so what did u replace it with ?

Whatever someone decides to do; or not do, based on the information that I provide is not something I will ever be concerned about.  Just glad to help out and offer what I can.

It should be noted that for those of us with "slower" crossbows LOL, the lines may be helpful. The most pronounced line is for the shortest distance, and I never had issues with acquiring it in my sight line and focusing on it.  I never shoot past 30 yards in the deep woods where I hunt, so never had an issue with this scope as the 30-yard line is the next one down from the top for me and is still easy to pick up.

One of my friends has the standard, one crosshair scope and he has the adjustment yardage wheel thing on the side (don't know what it's called?) where he can move the scope up or down based on distance.  This works for him, but I wouldn't consider it, as usually when action happens in the deep woods where I hunt - it happens fast; so, I don't have time to screw around adjusting something.

As with most things -choose what works best for your situation, only you know what that will be. Again, best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

I recommend sticking with your oem scope until it fails you, then upgrade if you wish.  In the worlds of general George Patton “The best is the enemy of the good”.  

If you are looking for a place to put an extra $200, throw it in the collection plate at Church.  

32 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I recommend sticking with your oem scope until it fails you, then upgrade if you wish.  In the worlds of general George Patton “The best is the enemy of the good”.  

If you are looking for a place to put an extra $200, throw it in the collection plate at Church.  

I already do that 

34 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Well I was going to but seems like it’s all over the place. I’ve seen several complaining the stock scope is garbage .

I bought the best bolts I could , field points and broad heads .. you get it dialed in and two shots later it’s out again.

Shooting from a rest

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

Well I was going to but seems like it’s all over the place. I’ve seen several complaining the stock scope is garbage .

I bought the best bolts I could , field points and broad heads .. you get it dialed in and two shots later it’s out again.

Shooting from a rest

That’s odd.  I have the same crossbow with the scope, bolts and field tips that came with it, and the cheapest bolts they had at Walmart.  It has always been very consistent on targets, but I have yet to shoot it any game animal.  It holds a 2” group at 60 yards.  

I bought it mostly for backup.  If my Barnett Recruit were ever to break, or fail me on a game animal, I’d probably use the Sniper 370 more.  I much prefer hunting with the Recruit, because it handles much easier.   It is so light in the front, that it shoots well offhand.  

I’ve only hunted with the Sniper a few times, from stands that had very good rests, all the way around.  I’d not wan’t to try an offhand shot with that front-heavy basterd.  I suppose it’s 370 FPS would extend my effective range to about 60 yards.  My longest of (5) buck kills with the Recruit (300 FPS) was a 59 yards “unintentional” heart shot.

I had aimed center/lung, but underestimated the yardage at 50.  I now carry a laser range-finder, so that I don’t repeat that mistake.  Penetration was less than 8” at that range.  50 yards is as far as I would shoot at one now.  That would have been a single-lunger, had it hit where I intended.  Fortunately, that was enough to drive my mechanical broadhead all the way thru the heart.  
A8997E79-FCAE-4958-8704-6871EC58C219.thumb.jpeg.58164266096aff9393666d88589940bd.jpeg

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

That’s odd.  I have the same crossbow with the scope, bolts and field tips that came with it, and the cheapest bolts they had at Walmart.  It has always been very consistent on targets, but I have yet to shoot it any game animal.  It holds a 2” group at 60 yards.  

I bought it mostly for backup.  If my Barnett Recruit were ever to break, or fail me on a game animal, I’d probably use the Sniper 370 more.  I much prefer hunting with the Recruit, because it handles much easier.   It is so light in the front, that it shoots well offhand.  

I’ve only hunted with the Sniper a few times, from stands that had very good rests, all the way around.  I’d not wan’t to try an offhand shot with that front-heavy basterd.  I suppose it’s 370 FPS would extend my effective range to about 60 yards.  My longest of (5) buck kills with the Recruit (300 FPS) was a 59 yards “unintentional” heart shot.

I had aimed center/lung, but underestimated the yardage at 50.  I now carry a laser range-finder, so that I don’t repeat that mistake.  Penetration was less than 8” at that range.  50 yards is as far as I would shoot at one now.  That would have been a single-lunger, had it hit where I intended.  Fortunately, that was enough to drive my mechanical broadhead all the way thru the heart.  
A8997E79-FCAE-4958-8704-6871EC58C219.thumb.jpeg.58164266096aff9393666d88589940bd.jpeg

Yea it’s hit or miss ( no pun intended)on the scope..

Many people have said the same thing , the bow is great , the scope sucks.

I wouldn’t take a 50 yard shot with my 370…

Im in the 30-35 yard range ..to each their own but that’s my cutoff .

The sniper is front heavy but with all the issues I’ve read and heard with Barnett I passed.

I went into BPS this week seriously thinking of buying one and the bow tech their talked me out of it .

Said the returns and problems he sees with them he would just keep the 370 and upgrade the scope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have you purchased a scope yet? If not I'd like to recommend the Killer instinct brand Lumix Pro speed rated crossbow scope. Half the price of the Vortex and mine works fantastic. The Vortex and the Hawke are probably better glass but the Truglo isn't. The scope has dots not cross hairs and I find that easier to use. Dots go from 20-80 yards and once calibrated to your bow they are very accurate. 

• 3 weeks later...