Rust on a wood stove.

First-light

I stored my old wood stove on my porch when it was replaced. It is getting installed in the barn tomorrow. I noticed some rust on the finish.  Any suggestions on how to fix it? Typical flat black finish. Thanks FL

Edited by First-light

I use the stove black if the surface is being used to cook or heat water on in pans and such. The paint I found scrapes off very soon and the stove black seems to endure the use better. Also, the stove black is easily applied over small areas to "touch up" surfaces.

For show the high temp paint looks really nice when evenly applied and sprayed on....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salmon_Run said:

I use the stove black if the surface is being used to cook or heat water on in pans and such. The paint I found scrapes off very soon and the stove black seems to endure the use better. Also, the stove black is easily applied over small areas to "touch up" surfaces.

For show the high temp paint looks really nice when evenly applied and sprayed on....

Will just be used for heat! Thanks.