How old is your Bow?

vincy

I have been bowhunting since 1991, last year I bought my 4th bow.  I owned two golden eagles, I bought a Bowtech Patriot in 2002 and last year I upgraded to a Bowtech Assassin.  I only buy new when I ready for something new, and one thing is for sure I am ready to get out there this year!!!!

I have a 2005 Mathews switchback XT and a 2012 mathews MR5.

I do not think it's a realistic representation of today's archers but there is a percentage of guys who do buy new bows every year. I also think it's due to the dollar value tho that makes it appealing. Think about it, a lot of bows can range 800 plus bare bones. 1 year later a guy can pick that bow up on AT classifieds for a fraction of the price and in most cases setup with arrows. So it does become pretty popular at that point. Even guys who don't need a new bow, a deal is a deal...

• Like 1

My Jenning's is about 20 years about and has a 27.5 draw with an overdarw tray. Last season I purchased a mathew's and decided to give to my nephew after I had strings replaced and new cams to fit him.In my opinion a great bow is one that you are comfortable with 

agree'd i got a 2002 hoyt sportster  and then i got my new breed a month later after switching from trad just solely on how good of a deal i got

I have a 2005 Mathews switchback XT and a 2012 mathews MR5.

I do not think it's a realistic representation of today's archers but there is a percentage of guys who do buy new bows every year. I also think it's due to the dollar value tho that makes it appealing. Think about it, a lot of bows can range 800 plus bare bones. 1 year later a guy can pick that bow up on AT classifieds for a fraction of the price and in most cases setup with arrows. So it does become pretty popular at that point. Even guys who don't need a new bow, a deal is a deal...

I got a 2011 Excalibur Vortex Recurve Xbow. Planning to replace the original string this year before the season. No cams, so I can do it myself in under 10 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I have a mathews Z7 xtreme that i bought in 2010 brand new that I absolutely love. However about 5 seasons ago I drew back on a deer let down and had a twig caught inbetween the cam and string on a hunt with my old hoyt. The deer came back into a lane and as soon as i drew back on the deer the string popped leaving me without a bow for a week. Being that I go out of state atleast once a year i purchased a Mathews Chill and have the Z7 as a back up. Couldnt as for a better duo.

i bought my switchback used in 04 or 05. It still is only 3 fps slower than mathews best single cam bow. It is quiet as hell even without monkey tails or a string stop. It may not be as smooth as the newest bows and it may be a few pounds heavier, but everytime I "think" i need a new bow I realize that i do not. I'm a fan of the simple single cams, so until there's something revolutionary it'll be my bow for a while.

i am contemplating adding a harmonic stabilizer and perfect grip. Not sure if I want to spend the money though.