Looking for a lease!

59 minutes ago, First-light said:

Check in with Cotton Hanlon. We have a 75 acre lease in Schuyler county and are very happy with it. New leases March 1st!

https://www.cottonhanlon.com/hunting-leases

I am looking for a new lease because I’d rather quit hunting than give that company anymore of my money unfortunately. Thanks though. 

4 minutes ago, Lovetohunt69 said:

I am looking for a new lease because I’d rather quit hunting than give that company anymore of my money unfortunately. Thanks though. 

And why are you so unhappy with them?  From what I've heard lots of people are happy leasing from them.  They won't guarantee you killing a deer, but it's big woods that you are hunting when you lease their properties so it's not like you will be hunting fields of food plots where deer congregate to the same spot daily.

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

And why are you so unhappy with them?  From what I've heard lots of people are happy leasing from them.  They won't guarantee you killing a deer, but it's big woods that you are hunting when you lease their properties so it's not like you will be hunting fields of food plots where deer congregate to the same spot daily.

Nothing to do with the quality of the hunt what so ever. Was a wonderful place when the former chief forester was there. I’ve gone over a month of unreturned messages as a current lessee as well as two other people inquiring about leases for several months with no response back at all. 

7 minutes ago, J.B. said:

We lease from this company. So far we have had good relations with them. I am not sure how up to date their website is, but you could shoot them an email and see if they have any available. 

https://www.woodwiseland.com/hunting-lease.html

Thank you, I have been looking at them for a few years now and will talk with them. You have been happy with them?

On 1/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Lovetohunt69 said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the hunt what so ever. Was a wonderful place when the former chief forester was there. I’ve gone over a month of unreturned messages as a current lessee as well as two other people inquiring about leases for several months with no response back at all. 

I did some work with my Brother-inlaw yesterday. I was the main contact when Bob handled all the leases for Cotton Hanlon. I turned it over to my brother-inlaw a few years ago to do all contacts and signing. Bob retired and was replaced. Even with this transition we haven't had any problems with the new people. Sorry it didn't work out, for us its been great. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Lovetohunt69 said:

I have had zero issues dealing with cotton Hanlon. I have received 2 things by mail this year. If I need something from them, I call the office and leave a message with Roberta, and get a call back quickly. 

• Like 2