New Little Plinker

15 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I have a little Stevens .410...great fun little toting gun for jaunts/targets of opportunity. Silly, but I love how a box of shells carries so easily. 

Yes! the entire concept of just going small and still getting the job done. Its great lol 

39 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

Killed alot of deer with a single 12 when I first started hunting

Lol. I started my deer hunting journey in the hills of West Virginia oh so many years ago borrowed from an uncle. Never shot anything but carried it for miles. Uncle has passed and who knows where that little gun might be today. 

You can find the newer single shots these days for about $200-$250. There's pumps and semis in most all gun shops I've been in lately as well. Can pay a lot more depending on what you want. But if he is interested he should start looking now, as Turkey season nears they'll start flying off the shelf as they've become a hot commodity with tungsten shot. 

On 1/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, Farflung said:

Buddy of mine is looking for a .410, either a single or a pump. Did you get a feel for what a .410  is generally going for?

On 1/15/2023 at 2:02 PM, Four Seasons said:

Lol. I started my deer hunting journey in the hills of West Virginia oh so many years ago borrowed from an uncle. Never shot anything but carried it for miles. Uncle has passed and who knows where that little gun might be today. 

Mine finally broke. Forearm fell off it when I was shooting it. Never fixed it and gave it to someone.

19 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

just picked this up not too long ago, H&R Topper Model 490….30-30, 22 Remington Jet Magnum, .410 and 20 gauge barrels.

What a nice set, you do not run across one of those every day, congrats. I had a chance to pick up a beautiful Savage 219 set at the Syracuse gun show a few years ago and passed, been kicking myself ever since.

Al

19 hours ago, jjb4900 said:

I just picked this up not too long ago, H&R Topper Model 490….30-30, 22 Remington Jet Magnum, .410 and 20 gauge barrels.

That is awesome! Ive never even seen a set like that before! I found a somewhat local 16ga Topper Id love to have.  

On 1/20/2023 at 8:03 PM, LIHUNT said:

Sweet little gun you got there. I love shooting light rounds like the .410 or a 28ga.  I've been looking for  a Remington 1100 .410 for years but they are few and far between it seems.

I wasn't aware they made one in 1100. That's great. I know its not the same but there's a couple new semi 410s out that are great guns. 

I'm a big fan of small bore/caliber guns. with todays technology you can make them shoot like big bore guns to an extent. Recently picked up an O/U 28ga and I love it. 

[mention=5238]LET EM GROW[/mention] i have the 12ga, 16ga, 20ga, and 28ga 1100 just trying to get the .410 but if you can find one they are so damn expensive.  Tough to justify it right now but i keep looking
I've been looking for a decent priced one for 10 years. Even one that was best up and I would have cleaned up and re- cerakoted.

Everybody wants a fortune for the elusive 410, 1100.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A really nice autoloader in small gauges is the Tristar Viper especially the bronze model. A buddy of mine picked up a 410 a few years ago, he brought it over and we shot a bunch of clays birds, it functioned flawlessly, weighed under 6 lbs and the fit and finish was outstanding and the wood was beautiful also, looked as good as the stock photo below. Best part is they can be bought for seven or eight hundred bucks, plain jane models sell for a whole lot less.

2023-01-28_092832.png

• Like 1