The base of your tee stand.

First-light

So as you know fell about 10' this year coming down out of my stand. I was lucky and was just a bit sore for a few days.

I took a walk today on my property and looked at a few of the stands that are in place. There are hazards at the bottom of these tree stands that need to be removed. There are a couple of visible rocks that should come out.  At one tree stand small trees were cut leaving a few a couple feet off the ground. They need to go. Same for any logs that are on the ground. All these things could of made a big difference in my outcome if I were to land on one. This is a priority this year for sure. Ok I'm done. lol

• Like 6

I missed that you had fallen. Sorry about that, glad you're ok. 

A friend of a friend smashed his leg falling out of stand. 2 huge rocks at the bottom. 

I now always look at what is at the bottom. As we get older we don't heal as quick. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paula said:

I missed that you had fallen. Sorry about that, glad you're ok. 

A friend of a friend smashed his leg falling out of stand. 2 huge rocks at the bottom. 

I now always look at what is at the bottom. As we get older we don't heal as quick. 

Thank you. I was lucky I landed on my side and my shoulder took much of the impact. My head did snap to the ground once I hit it. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, First-light said:

So as you know fell about 10' this year coming down out of my stand. I was lucky and was just a bit sore for a few days.

I took a walk today on my property and looked at a few of the stands that are in place. There are hazards at the bottom of these tree stands that need to be removed. There are a couple of visible rocks that should come out.  At one tree stand small trees were cut leaving a few a couple feet off the ground. They need to go. Same for any logs that are on the ground. All these things could of made a big difference in my outcome if I were to land on one. This is a priority this year for sure. Ok I'm done. lol

I missed it also. Glad all turned out well. Yeah having saplings cut 1-2ft under a tree stand could lead to impalement real quick we’re an accident to happen. Would not be pretty. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just seeing this… and I recently read the tragic story of the young man from Camillus that died after falling this past season…

We opened a Treestand and Blind business a few years ago in E Rochester, The Hunt Works.

We will get you all the River’s Edge Lifelines you need at cost…. Just call (585)252-1222 or email [email protected] and we’ll work it out….. mention this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tjdusaf said:

Just seeing this… and I recently read the tragic story of the young man from Camillus that died after falling this past season…

We opened a Treestand and Blind business a few years ago in E Rochester, The Hunt Works.

We will get you all the River’s Edge Lifelines you need at cost…. Just call (585)252-1222 or email [email protected] and we’ll work it out….. mention this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you be dealing in more of those Solo Buck Huts?  Could use a few of those on both farms.