Henry Repeating Arms Homesteader

Henry will soon be releasing a new 6 1/2 lb 9mm carbine called the "Homesteader", Home defense, plinking and small game hunting will be it's main intended use. For those that already have a 9mm handgun it will make a great companion gun which I am a fan of.

I like the conventional sporting look of the walnut stock instead of the black military look that seems to be in fashion these days. If it functions well and is priced affordably it will do ok I think, I like what I am seeing so far.

Al

2023-02-07_062205.png

• Like 4

I have an odd way of thinking....the rifle should match the cartridge for size....

That carbine looks proportioned to a 30-30 , etc. For  a 9mm, it seems it could be half that size. Dang, my Sig 938 compact 9mm was flawless in an action a third that size.....

44 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

For  a 9mm, it seems it could be half that size.

The specs of three other 9mm carbines I am familiar with, The Ruger PC 6.8 lbs, Marlin Camp Carbine 6 3/4lbs and the Chiappa M1 6.3lbs, so I would say the Henry is in the same ballpark size and weight wise especially being made from metal and wood. I have quite a few 22s that weigh more than 6 1/2 lbs.

Al

• Like 1

5 hours ago, airedale said:

The specs of three other 9mm carbines I am familiar with, The Ruger PC 6.8 lbs, Marlin Camp Carbine 6 3/4lbs and the Chiappa M1 6.3lbs, so I would say the Henry is in the same ballpark size and weight wise especially being made from metal and wood. I have quite a few 22s that weigh more than 6 1/2 lbs.

Al

I have an old Mossberg 8** something bolt action 22lr weighs like 9lbs..lol

When fired from a rifle the 9mm does not get the big ballistic gains seen by handgun cartridges like 357mag and 44mag, one to two hundred fps at best, with optimum barrel length around 17 inches. What the rifle does it gives much better long range accuracy especially useful for hunting. The 9mm out of a rifle should make a fine short range varmint gun.

Al

2023-02-08_103350.png

Edited by airedale