New lease!

First-light

Two years ago I tried buying 68 acres that join my property. Got into a bidding war and lost out. So there is a 65 acre piece right across the road from me. It has been leased for a long time. Wasn't a big fan of the guys leasing it. Some after hours shooting deer, alcohol on their breath at times after the hunt. I found out who the owner was and contacted him. We talked in December. I offered a nice sum to buy the property and said I would double the amount the current lease is paying. Well we talked today and he isn't ready to sell but I got the lease for 2k a year. Starts in September. Hopefully after a couple off years I can buy it. Neighbors are very happy I'm leasing it. 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, First-light said:

Two years ago I tried buying 68 acres that join my property. Got into a bidding war and lost out. So there is a 65 acre piece right across the road from me. It has been leased for a long time. Wasn't a big fan of the guys leasing it. Some after hours shooting deer, alcohol on their breath at times after the hunt. I found out who the owner was and contacted him. We talked in December. I offered a nice sum to buy the property and said I would double the amount the current lease is paying. Well we talked today and he isn't ready to sell but I got the lease for 2k a year. Starts in September. Hopefully after a couple off years I can buy it. Neighbors are very happy I'm leasing it. 

Sweet. Great Deal also. Priceless if there is any kind of deer on it at all now that you can manage it as a whole being close to your other land. Hopefully the guys that leased it last get the memo and accept that they no longer have the land to hunt. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, First-light said:

I don't know, Burt.  You seem to have plenty of deer on your side of the road.  I surely wouldn't be coughing up $2K a year for a lease in the same state right across the road from you.  I'm sure the neighbors are plenty happy that you are leasing and kicking the previous goons out.  They won't have them in the area anymore and it's your money that is keeping them out!  LOL

4 hours ago, steve863 said:

I don't know, Burt.  You seem to have plenty of deer on your side of the road.  I surely wouldn't be coughing up $2K a year for a lease in the same state right across the road from you.  I'm sure the neighbors are plenty happy that you are leasing and kicking the previous goons out.  They won't have them in the area anymore and it's your money that is keeping them out!  LOL

Well well well look who showed up! I thought you would be happy to have more property to trespass on and let alone shoot my big bucks. Lol Good stuff, the main thing is hanging with the owner and getting a shot when he is ready to sell. 

7 hours ago, CharlieNY said:

Congrats. I hope you will be successful in buying the property in the future. I'm sure your daughter was thrilled with the news.

frosted-flakes-tony-the-tiger.gif

Yes Charlie Teddi was real happy about it. BTW she was selected for Airborn school this summer. She is really excited. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Being a pessimist , I think you are going to have to police that property to keep the previous leasers off the property . I hope I am wrong . 

The property sits right in the middle of 4 neighbors. We are all close friends and look out for each other. It will be fine. 

• Like 1