Maryland deer hunt.

Enigma

Very nice. My neighbors come from Maryland down at the camp. They shoot some Sika during the year. When we hunted Long Island they were in the woods and you didn't have to tag them. Invasive species they wanted them out. Cool looking small deer. I've seen some old Sika bucks they are knurly looking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

Cool. Was this through an outfitter? If so, possible to get some more details on the operation? Always looking for more fun (but mine would be black powder, not bow).

The deer hunts were with Branded Outdoors. Jake is the owner. Pretty sure he runs mz hunts as well as rifle and bowhunts. They have a website and fb page. Good people. First time I'd hunted with them. I'd go again.

20230127_191922.jpg

• Like 4

Misc.

A big shout out to my brother Eric. Thanks again for the invite.

I was the only one to shoot a deer Thursday night. Turns out it was a button stag. Getting the hide tanned. The meat is tasty.

Saturday a couple other guys shot hinds. Chris from PA shot a big hind with his Disrupter 20 bow. And I'm pretty sure his name was Tyler, also from PA, shot a nice hind as well. 

I hung out and napped on the screened in porch. Best trip in a long time. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I checked out the outfitter's site and looked over the photos of some of the Sitka stags taken at his place. Some nice trophies they are for sure, they remind me of miniature Elk. Seems to have a good population of them in that area, which is a good thing I think, gives a hunter a crack at something unique.

Al

• Like 2