Rage Chisel tip

THHuntNY

I used to shoot muzzy 4 blades. Nothing wrong but switched to rage for certain reasons. I acquired a bunch. Had great results. For a while I've shot the titaniums. Lord knows I wouldn't be if I had to pay remotely normal price for for them though. They're expensive!! ALL heads have trade offs but they all work. I think the hypodermic is a good one too. They work. No head on the market is complete junk so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Muzzy is a great broad head. My buddies have been using them for years. When I shot fixed heads I used Thunderheads. They're great too. 

As far as no head being complete junk….A few years back I tried fixed 100Gr. Rocky Mtn Razorbacks. They fell apart inside of a block target. I mean FELL THE HELL APART. Back int the day Razorbacks were among the best.  Maybe I got a bad pack , but I will still say that they are complete junk...

Muzzy is a great broad head. My buddies have been using them for years. When I shot fixed heads I used Thunderheads. They're great too.

As far as no head being complete junk….A few years back I tried fixed 100Gr. Rocky Mtn Razorbacks. They fell apart inside of a block target. I mean FELL THE HELL APART. Back int the day Razorbacks were among the best. Maybe I got a bad pack , but I will still say that they are complete junk...

Did you write them off or contact the company about it. Probably a bad batch. Did you shoot another pack to see?

I have not had a single problem with the rage heads I will continue to use them. Everyone says the blades open on flight or open in the quiver. I've never had anything bad happen with them. And I say before people bash mechanical heads they to try one for themselves

Agreed but they do open in the quiver. However I keep an arrow nocked and the newer rage heads have never opened while nocked.

Did you write them off or contact the company about it. Probably a bad batch. Did you shoot another pack to see?

Wrote them off. Two out of the four fell apart and I threw the other two straight in the trash. I didn't want anything to do with them after that.

I'm also gonna try out the rocket hammerheads. I don't know. Few days to go. Can't wait

I shoot Rocketvas well and will never change. Although I shoot the little 75gr miniblaster. ..they leave quite the hole with a diameter of 1.75". But like another member said, u hit a deer in the right spot and it's not going to matter what head you're using

For the past few years I've used the rage titanium. But they discontinued them. So I picked up a pack of the chisel tip(2 blade) how do they work and I've had some mixed feeling about using rages because of all the horror stories about them. Some guys swear by them and some guys won't even acknowledge their existence. Why is that and for what reasons?

This is why I use Rage 2 blade chisel tip 100 grain heads!!Openingday20142_zps4cec3e99.jpg

• Like 1

I have used the rage 2 blade for 5 years now. This year and last the chisel tip. In 5 years and probably 200 sits I have never had a blade open in the quiver? Each year I replace the o rings if needed. They fly great and if you hit the deer in the right place ...well a blind man could follow the blood trail! If you hit them bad...just like any other bad hit hope to get lucky. I think the chisel tip is a much better point though if you do not hit on mark and hit the shoulder.

I tried the Rage once last year and wasn't that impressed. They shot great but made a much louder whistle than my Reapers and they opened in my quiver. This morning when I filled my quiver I thought about using Rage and figured why risk it why I have had nothing but incredible results with the reapers. By 8:30am, 30 yards from where I shot her I had a nice doe piled up. Not to say that the Rage wouldn't have done the same but why fix whats not broken. I love the Reapers and have never heard anyone complain about them. Rage you have some that love them and some that hate them.

I tried the Rage once last year and wasn't that impressed. They shot great but made a much louder whistle than my Reapers and they opened in my quiver. This morning when I filled my quiver I thought about using Rage and figured why risk it why I have had nothing but incredible results with the reapers. By 8:30am, 30 yards from where I shot her I had a nice doe piled up. Not to say that the Rage wouldn't have done the same but why fix whats not broken. I love the Reapers and have never heard anyone complain about them. Rage you have some that love them and some that hate them.

I picked up a pack of Rage Hypodermics today..45 bucks!!! for three?? What the hell!!! This is getting to be an expensive sport.

I picked up a pack of the NAP Killzones the other day on sale for 30 bucks. The blades stay closed they are wicked wicked sharp. And they fly great. And they don't open in the quiver. This is the first season that I've shot rage and the blades have opened in my quiver and while an arrow is nocked. I'm kinda disappointed

• Like 1