Members leaving

PMoney

Correction not "everyone" is leaving! lol Plenty of us still around. I don't even know the name of it and really don't care. I do miss some of the members that left us. It happens no big deal. Someone said the other day there is a lot less bickering going on since some particular departures, I agree. Off topic but went shed hunting with the pups yesterday. Watch the ticks they are out in force! 

• Like 4

Great reminder about the ticks! I hate the damned things! Had 2 or 3 over the past couple years go unfound on me for way too long after turkey hunting. I went on a couple walk abouts in our woods  over the past weekend putting on several miles, and never thought to check for them. Time to get more careful it seems. 

31 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

DON'T POST A LINK TO THE OTHER SITE  ! JUST A WARNING .............

I have to ask, why is this?  I enjoyed conversing with many of the members that are no more.  I personally don't have contact information for any of them.  I would enjoy being able to converse with them again at times.  That doesn't mean I would abandon ship here.  I just don't get it.  Oh and by the way, I haven't found a way to find it and I've searched...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

I have to ask, why is this?  I enjoyed conversing with many of the members that are no more.  I personally don't have contact information for any of them.  I would enjoy being able to converse with them again at times.  That doesn't mean I would abandon ship here.  I just don't get it.  Oh and by the way, I haven't found a way to find it and I've searched...

Well if the owners would have handled it a little differently then coming here selling his wares just to get people out jump ship here and move over there it might not have been as bad. The funny part is that some of the biggest mouthpieces that said this site was so bad and should leave still come back and post here. It’s nice not to see and hear the pack mentality on this site any longer and if they cut those all off that left here for so called greener pastures it would not break my heart. It’s actually a respectable site again. 

I kind of missed whatever it was that made people so upset that they had to throw in the towel and leave here. Frankly, I have been here pretty near to the very first days of this site, and I kind of enjoyed the fact that we had a spirited set of controversies here. It gets pretty boring when everybody sits around and agrees with each other. The kumbaya thing is not really suited for forums. For the health of hunting, and this site, I hope that this situation does not change the nature of this site as a place to debate and air out all differences. I think hunting, fishing trapping and all the outdoor activities that we talk about here need a good airing out to keep these activities on a balanced keel. And if a bit of passion shows its face here, I for one think that is a good thing. I always figured that outdoors-people were all mature enough and level-headed enough to discuss whatever subjects that come up without picking up our toys and going home. But apparently that is not the case with everybody.

• Like 1

Why can't one post a link ,if one wants to switch they should be able to do so .

We post links for everything. If mods or MIA owners are worried about people leaving I'd think they should have better things to do . My two cents 

• Like 1

Just now, sbuff said:

Why can't one post a link ,if one wants to switch they should be able to do so .

We post links for everything. If mods or MIA owners are worried about people leaving I'd think they should have better things to do . My two cents 

Can’t say you/we have seen any links from this site supporting another Ny hunting forum. If one wanted to find the other site it would be a pretty simple google search I’m sure. Or you can Pm Bill like he is Others trying to get them to a site that is pretty much only used by those that were on this site before. 

• Like 1

I've looked at the other place, but won't be joining there. I will still be here to offer information where I can be helpful, however, too much time spent posting stuff takes away from doing other stuff that I like, so I post very little.

I consider myself to be pretty good at hunting and fishing ( usually get at least 2 deer each year and go out fishing  probably 60 times each year catching many fish).  I don't post stories and will certainly not post any pictures after I looked at a picture of a deer that I took with my phone and saw the GPS coordinates when I viewed the properties of the picture showing exactly where I was, over a mile from any road.

Hope to help where I can going forward, but will not increase my activity because it just takes too much time.

PS The main reason I will go over to look at the other site is to see Wolc's stories, as I do get a kick out of some of them LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I briefly checked "the other" out....different neighborhood, same neighbors and issues.  I have a difficult time imagining making these sites that much of my life to get so involved. 

Nothing was going to change. I'm not sure why anyone would have thought it would be any different.

I don't know what the future of this or any forum is, but if they all shut down I'd be just fine. I find forums that are for the entire outdoor world far more enjoyable then those that are just about being outdoors 4 months a year.

People come and people go, just like in life. If someone choses to move to a new house who cares? I hope they eventually find the happiness they are seeking. If someone is happy staying where they are I feel the same way.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

True That. Agree 100%. I bounce  around 4 Different  Sites. Being retired,I have the time .

9 hours ago, grampy said:

I hold no animosity towards anyone here. I go to both sites. I don't think there is any kind of competition. It is what it is. Everyone is free to pick and choose as they like.

I'm on both sites and will converse with anyone ! Period !  Have a Great Day Everyone !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Been over to the other site, it's OK but this place has way more charm 

If one wants to get your hand slapped by like 6 mods for 50 active users…pretty much the same ones that left here.. it’s perfect. You see the troll above would have gotten his hand slapped for stirring over there so he plays the same idiot card and comes here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

If one wants to get your hand slapped by like 6 mods for 50 active users…pretty much the same ones that left here.. it’s perfect. You see the troll above would have gotten his hand slapped for stirring over there so he plays the same idiot card and comes here. 

So says the new Mayor here.........:mda:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

So says the new Mayor here.........:mda:

No need for anything new around here. It’s actually been very nice and peaceful after the troublemakers that lived on this site has left. Well Belo pushed so long that he finally got tossed so maybe a few of the others that left will come back and get more of the same.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

You know, for someone who does nothing but slam the other forum, you sure know what's going on there every second of every day. If you really didn't care you wouldn't care so much. Just sayin'. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

You know, for someone who does nothing but slam the other forum, you sure know what's going on there every second of every day. If you really didn't care you wouldn't care so much. Just sayin'. 

It’s called keeping your friends close and your idiots closer. One tried to play that game on this site and he has been removed. There are a couple others that very well may see the same fate. A few of us will keep this site now the way it use to be at the beginning. As you can see with a couple of the posts above it’s not very hard to call the idiots out. 

Edited by Four Seasons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3