I need some opinions , on how much to charge for these

rob-c

So I’ve been welding up these guys on the side to sell, and have no idea what to  price them at. I’m calling them Wrench heads . I have a bunch of off brand wrench’s and sockets that I’ve been using ( they were  free) and I can easily build 30 - 40 more. So what would be a reasonable price ? I don’t want to overcharge so they sell,  but I don’t want to under price them either .

83F55D5D-C999-45A4-81BB-3D8541D2598E.jpeg

2C4D98D7-9504-432C-BD2F-22EF73BF63AE.jpeg

5D0DB4F1-469F-47BC-BC68-755729643FB1.jpeg

C9B96E73-5801-4E23-8A9A-0FAA804605D9.jpeg

BEB419AF-3B48-4A6A-8B0D-CCDA93C9E4BF.jpeg

55EFF44A-AD43-4A69-8261-12EFCF952913.jpeg

33C778E4-3DC1-41C4-968E-3BAA0ED561D4.jpeg

C7EBF9E0-13D1-477B-AEB9-B23E0083D168.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those are pretty neat Rob, nice work on them, one of my boys gave me an item made in a similar style for Christmas a few years ago. Where he got it or what was paid I do not have a clue.

As far as price you have to try your best and find what the going price is for items in that kind of style are selling for and price your stuff accordingly.

Al

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paula said:

I Like them! I think about $20-$25. 

Are you buying new tools for these?

I had a bunch of tools given to me, and I bought a large box on face book market place for $5. These are all off brand cheap chinese tools. When my current batch runs out I’ll hit rummage sales etc . And try to score a bunch for a really good price. 

• Like 1

Those are great! Craft art is very ....inconsistent. My sister is a truly gifted artist, and may spend literally days on a Eucranian dyed egg....artworthy and time worthy almost impossible to price, but she is lucky to get twenty to thirty bucks for one. Likewise, she does very complex bead art, making small purses, bracelets, etc.....like wise, twenty to thirty for basic pieces, not much more for the larger pieces. She has been criticized by other artists for pricing so low, to bring down the value of the art. Her outlook is that she loves doing it, her time is free and she at least is selling them, as opposed to a lot of others who do not. Selling in person you can get more...You need to make sure you are getting any costs of materials and recourses back, after that you should consider it gravy.  

I would think twenty - thirty bucks would be in line. You will probably sell more to the wives and girlfriends than the guys. Dont make up too many...make sure it is worth your while first with what you can get.

• Like 1

Did you keep track of how much time you have into them? It looks like you have plating cost to recoup too. How much is your time worth? What percent of profit do you expect? Are you thinking of producing many more of these?

I think that if you can answer these questions you can probably come up with a value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Did you keep track of how much time you have into them? It looks like you have plating cost to recoup too. How much is your time worth? What percent of profit do you expect? Are you thinking of producing many more of these?

I think that if you can answer these questions you can probably come up with a value.

No plating , they polish up pretty well after welding. I haven’t paid attention to my time. But it doesn’t take long to weld them up.