New O/U Turkey gun.

airedale

• airedale changed the title to New O/U Turkey gun.

That shotgun would work out great for a varmint caller who mainly works the timber and has shots at shorter ranges. Years ago I used a Browning BSS s/s 3inch mag 12 ga, I killed a lot of Foxes with that gun but it was HEAVY. 

This O/U with short barrels and choke tubes, drilled for and optic base along with having sling mounts and it's light weight covers a lot of bases.

Al

3 hours ago, airedale said:

Like this idea, I am a fan of doubles and used my side by side last year on my Turkey hunts.

Al

2023-02-23_071441.png

Funny I was just at the gun shop yesterday with my kid picking out his first pistol…..Finally the whole family has permits, what a task in Ny state… and I was looking at new shotguns and there was only one double on the rack. A quick flip of the tag at $1100 ended the viewing. This is a nice looking gun at a fair price. 

• Like 1

Link to ATI's site showing a short video explaining this shotgun.

Another thing I like about doubles is the ability to have two different chokes, the hunter has instant access to either barrel depending on the situation instantly.

Al

ATI TURKEY FOWL 12GA 3" SGD O/U 22" BBL, BOTTOMLAND CAMO STK, 10MM RIB, FO SIGHT, XF & MOD EXT CHOKE | American Tactical

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Is this a new release? Or a rebrand of another gun? Or.. is there another O/U Turkey gun on the market?  I recall seeing one a couple years back and getting really excited about it. When I looked into it I found videos and write ups about POA/POI and regulation issues. A sadly gave up on the idea.

11 hours ago, cas said:

Is this a new release? Or a rebrand of another gun?

ATI manufactures a large and varied line of over and unders, I believe this Cavalry O/U Turkey shotgun is based on something from their current models made over with features especially suited for the Turkey hunter. From what I see in the above video and what I am reading this is a new release

Al

Edited by airedale

That CZ is a pretty nice shotgun, as an owner of some CZ firearms I have nothing but good to say about them. The new ATI shotgun pretty much mirrors the features of the CZ but there is a pretty hefty difference in price. 

I am looking to try the ATI in 20 ga but no dealers have any in stock, hopefully they will start becoming available.

Al

I have never taken a turkey with a modern center fire shotgun. Now if I could talk my my BIL, with at least a hundred side by side collectable doubles, into parting with one, I would be most eager to give it a go.

Hmmmmmm, I think maybe it's time to start bugging him again.

Robby