Single Shot Shotguns Should be Allowed During Muzzle Loader Season

phantom

And I say "BALONEY" to that idea, muzzleloader hunting season is just that hunting with a muzzleloader. Personally I use sidelocks and enjoy all the idiosyncrasy that goes along with hunting with a muzzleloader, that is what was supposed to be the whole idea. 

Al

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, airedale said:

And I say "BALONEY" to that idea, muzzleloader hunting season is just that hunting with a muzzleloader. Personally I use sidelocks and enjoy all the idiosyncrasy that goes along with hunting with a muzzleloader, that is what was supposed to be the whole idea. 

Al

But 90% of people are using modern Muzzleloaders  with scopes not the old school stuff .

And if thats the case why make people many who are poor go out and get another weapon to fill the freezer .

20 minutes ago, airedale said:

Al

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

But 90% of people are using modern Muzzleloaders  with scopes not the old school stuff .

And if thats the case why make people many who are poor go out and get another weapon to fill the freezer .

Because the seasons are then shifting from the type of weapon, to a ballistics equivalence category.

• Like 1

There is no real advantage to using a single  shot shotgun compared to a modern Muzzeloader  except cost . You dont have go out and buy exstra ammo powder and weapon and bunch of Accessories .  It will Give people with low income another chance to fill the freezer and Doesn't give  a unfair advantage in my Opinion. Also will get more people into the sport and Probably get them to buy A muzzle  loader later on anyway when they have the money . 

Edited by phantom

5 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Because the seasons are then shifting from the type of weapon, to a ballistics equivalence category.

U can use a Crossbow in muzzle loading season right crossbow in bow season  . Dont see why single shot shotgun would hurt .  It's not given you any more range Accuracy than a muzzle loader . All its doing is Letting some poor guy hunt more with less cost to get in the sport. 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Letting some poor guy hunt more with less cost to get in the sport. 

There are muzzleloaders that can be purchased for the same price as a single shot, if one can not afford a muzzleloader they  can not afford a shotgun.

You have put forth the lamest argument I have ever seen and I for one am not buying it, poor my ass, this is all about screwing up a special season to be more easy.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, airedale said:

There are muzzleloaders that can be purchased for the same price as a single shot, if one can not afford a muzzleloader they  can not afford a shotgun.

You have put forth the lamest argument I have ever seen and I for one am not buying it, poor my ass, this is all about making screwing up a special season to be more easy.

Al

Most people will already have a shotgun and  the ammo that can be used for big and small game  you can pick up a single shot for 90 bucks at walmart sometimes .

No muzzle gun is that cheap plus all the other stuff will cost u a arm and leg 

When they  let crossbows in bow season your Argument went out the window  btw.  Hunting now is about food nothing else lets face it . 

Edited by phantom

Guess what Pal, there have been many things that I would have liked to own in my lifetime that I could not afford and a lot of it hunting related, I went without and if it was something I had to have I worked and saved until I earned enough money to get it.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, airedale said:

Guess what Pal, there have been many things that I would have liked to own in my lifetime that I could not afford and a lot of it hunting related, I went without and if it was something I had to have I worked and saved until I earned enough money to get it.

Al

So we agree no more crossbow in archery season ?  I thought archery season was supposed to be about tradition?  how come we dont have a only stick bows seaaon ? Ballistics should be the main factor in these seasons .

If x and z cant shoot better then y  it should be allowed . Or go back to having  real old school Traditional seasons.

Edited by phantom
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sbuff said:

When you find a single shot shot gun for 90 bucks please share that information....

The price of slugs these days far out weighs the cost per shot of a ML.

I wouldn't be for it ,leave the muzzleloader season as is.

Well befor biden s show that is .

• Sad 1

Single shot guns are an important part of the history of hunting, and they should be allowed to be used in muzzle loading season. Muzzle loading season is a special time of year when hunters can use traditional firearms to hunt. Allowing single shot guns to be used in muzzle loading season would give hunters the opportunity to experience a more traditional style of hunting.

Single shot guns are a great option for hunters who are looking for a more traditional hunting experience. Not only do they require more skill to use, but they also require more patience and practice. This makes them a great choice for hunters who are looking for a more challenging and rewarding hunting experience. Additionally, single shot guns are often more affordable than other types of firearms, making them a great option for hunters on a budget.

Overall, single shot guns should be allowed in muzzle loading season. They provide a unique and challenging hunting experience, and they are often more affordable than other types of firearms. Allowing them to be used in muzzle loading season would give hunters the opportunity to experience a more traditional style of hunting.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

There is no real advantage to using a single  shot shotgun compared to a modern Muzzeloader  except cost . You dont have go out and buy exstra ammo powder and weapon and bunch of Accessories .  It will Give people with low income another chance to fill the freezer and Doesn't give  a unfair advantage in my Opinion. Also will get more people into the sport and Probably get them to buy A muzzle  loader later on anyway when they have the money . 

I hunted with a H@R single 12 for many many years. I got really good and fast at reloading it, I would  hold 2 rounds in between the fingers on my left hand. Had guys comment how quickly I could do it . So that right there is the advantage over a front loading Muzzy. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I hunted with a H@R single 12 for many many years. I got really good and fast at reloading it, I would  hold 2 rounds in between the fingers on my left hand. Had guys comment how quickly I could do it . So that right there is the advantage over a front loading Muzzy. 

They have speed loaders for muzz guns its the first shot that counts you know that. Your not going to be reloading single shot fast like  other guns. And the speed difference between a muzzle loader and a single shot isn't enough to make a difference in my opinion the deer would be long gone after the first shot with Either. . No comparison to a bolt a lever a pump  or Auto loader.

Edited by phantom
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

They have speed loaders for muzz guns its the first shot that counts you know that. Your not going to be reloading single shot fast like  other guns. And the speed difference between a muzzle loader and a single shot isn't enough to make a difference in my opinion the deer would be long gone after the first shot with Either. . No comparison to a bolt a lever a pump  or Auto loader.

You can argue your point all you want , but I also have hunted with a muzzle loader for many years . There is a big difference between the 2  in reloading . And just so you’re aware I have reloaded and taken a second shot on the same deer with my 12 single on many occasions when I hunted with it. I am giving factual information not a opinion from the source,  me . But I will  say you are correct that a single is no comparison to a bolt ,lever or pump . 

• Like 1

When is enough…enough?  We are already blessed with very long gun seasons, and there are plenty of opportunities for every hunter of every economic background to  have plenty time to enjoy the hunt. A shotgun, no matter the action…is still a shotgun….and it is NOT shotgun season. Leave well enough alone. 

• Like 2