Time to start getting ready!!

Robby

For me this is a pretty involved process, and this year even more so because I have finished two guns for just this purpose, a 24Ga. and a 16Ga., neither has been patterned yet. Heck, half the fun is tuning up a new gun and maybe making a new box call, or even  a new slate call.

Robby

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Robby said:

For me this is a pretty involved process, and this year even more so because I have finished two guns for just this purpose, a 24Ga. and a 16Ga., neither has been patterned yet. Heck, half the fun is tuning up a new gun and maybe making a new box call, or even  a new slate call.

Robby

Just keeping an eye on them around here. Keep it pretty simple. Not much involved in filling a couple tags. We feed them well all year so the process stays easy. 

4E96FA3B-5AC1-40FF-85EE-10E1E4881F69.png

47E34390-CD39-4A13-A7FC-9BE465130FFB.png

• Like 2

I have almost perfect turkey habitat right out the back doo, in the last ten years I would say the population is less than half what it was. Too many birds of prey, coyotes, and all the fur bearing animals no one is trapping these days, they're all nest raiders!

It has made hunting more of a challenge and even more exciting the you ask, 'you talk'n to me?'.

Robby

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robby said:

I have almost perfect turkey habitat right out the back doo, in the last ten years I would say the population is less than half what it was. Too many birds of prey, coyotes, and all the fur bearing animals no one is trapping these days, they're all nest raiders!

It has made hunting more of a challenge and even more exciting the you ask, 'you talk'n to me?'.

Robby

Exactly why we called all out war on every vermin on our properties. The stupid laws in this state do not work on the landowners side when it comes to that. Many landowners that bought their hunting properties to do just that are now doing whatever it takes to make sure their lands continue to fill their needs. The four legged problems are easy to fix but the winged are a different story. Coons are the biggest problem around here. Or were anyways. 

• Like 1

Im making my buddy a hull vice in exchange for a half dozen hand made mouth calls he makes and sells. I just loaded up a few rounds to test through my 12, 20 28 and 410 guns this spring. I love putting loads together and patterning them just as much as being in the spring woods.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Good Luck.

I am glad,I Turkey Hunt Public/ MUAs.  I hope to never take my 2 Gobblers on May 1st and 2nd every year.

I start on April 25th and hope to Kill a New Jersey Gobbler on Public.

Hoping it takes me up to 2 Weeks to get my 2- New York Gobblers on Crowded  Public which,I absolutely  love. It takes my Woodsmanship  and Calling Skills to higher levels each Spring.

I don't  think,I could pot shot a Easy Gobbler behind a Decoy  with no Calling needed.  Same spot next morning-- 2 Down . Too easy. If one has the money though and no Skills- it is ok for them,I guess.

Hopefully,I can Kill a 2nd New Jersey Gobbler  before the cutoff on May 20th. 

Good Luck To All This Spring. 

Exactly why you are still fighting the bugs and all the other hunters you complain about every year at the end of May while you are still out there trying to find a bird. Some of us are smart enough to put ourselves in a position to be able to go hunting anytime in the month of May and kill a great bird. You think there was any bitching because we take care of our birds and property so someone could have hunting days like this.  Turkeys are really not that tough to figure out. Hardest part is finding the bird for most. We make sure that is never an issue. 

5642EFED-15FB-45CB-BC59-7268BEA29D95.png

8C0046D0-6071-4F28-874A-C6ED839BC385.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Not impressed at all. If someone  wants to pay big bucks for a Super easy Gobbler  in a High Fence hunt. That is their decision. 

I already wrote that,I Love Public Land. That is not a complaint. You need to reflect more .

There is a difference  between Turkey Hunting and Turkey Shooting..

I can't  wait  to pit my Woodsmanship  and Calling skills on a Pressured  Public Gobbler.  I hope it takes me a few weeks so,I can Throughly  enjoy the outdoors.

And I am not talking about Typical Private Lands here- just High Fence.

Are you really that dense? Where the hell do you come up with turkeys and high fence hunting in the same sentence?  First of all on our 1000 acre farm only 50 of it is in any kind of fence with the rest managed for some of the best hunting in the county and second do you really think a person could fence in a bird? I know your not real bright but come on now.   You want to see some of the other birds we fence in also. 

8096E2F4-A7C6-4D4B-A2EC-04D5AAE49ACF.png

08AB571C-1EC6-4202-A5E5-F423EBCBBB36.png

72B272C4-9C64-4844-AA13-6D8E372C448E.png

C9E43B10-E196-4C9B-A81A-FDBC25F01771.png

Edited by Four Seasons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, as soon as the weather co-operates I'll be out working up a good turkey load for the 16 Ga., It takes a pretty fair amount of tweaking and adjusting the ratio of powder, shot, and the configuration of the shot column to get a pattern out to thirty yards that you can count on, I've jug choked a couple with great success out to forty yards, but this one I'm leaving it as it is, no choke. I'm confident I'll get there.

Next up will be my 24 Ga..

Robby

English style sporting fowler, 16 Ga.

IMG_0308.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robby said:

Wow!!!! That is awesome Four Seasons, I'm thinking a lot of good times there!!!!

Robby

Without a doubt. I have made sure our properties have always been managed towards us enjoying our hunts.   Some choices had to be made at times be it right or wrong. Some may not agree but they are also not the ones paying the taxes. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Robby said:

Robby

Yep yotes been busy by me

61219B84-9DD1-438A-A7B4-ADF3F8651C66.jpeg.f3f751442024ca54d92510c7618cba8a.jpeg

• Like 1