NYBuckHunter27 Whitetail Challenge thread

• 1 month later...

I know i dont have the proper photo yet with  the contest information but i will do that ASAP. I was able to harvest this buck yesterday 11/9/14 around 930am, this buck was very visible early on my trail cameras and than disappeared as they usually do around mid-october and hasn't been seen until this past week/weekend chasing doe, which ended being his fatal flaw yesterday morning, he trailed a group of doe withing 30 yards. I unfortunately did not make the greatest shot, liver/gut area but thankfully the grim-reaper broad-heads did their job and we were able to find him about 200 yards from the original shot. He took us into a nasty swamp where we actually lost blood and were just doing a body search and ended up finding him.

This is my 2nd buck/deer with the bow and the first with my new elite engery 32 purchased this year! although i wish i would have made a better shot, i am so proud of the fact i was able to harvest a buck i am very familiar with and taken from my home farm here in WNY. Still undecided whether or not i will get him mounted or just do a European display, let me know your thoughts guys and thank you!

post-2491-0-56638600-1415667697_thumb.jp

post-2491-0-70825200-1415667759_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...