Gun Purchase Tracking by This Company Starts Soon

As for the danger of this scheme, America’s 1st Freedom Editor in Chief Frank Miniter put it best when he wrote, “At best, this is an attempt to harass gun owners and treat them like criminals; at worst, this new code, if actually put into use, could be used to make it difficult for gun dealers to stay in business while creating lists of who is buying things at gun stores in America.”

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/content/gun-purchase-tracking-by-this-company-starts-soon/

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

As for the danger of this scheme, America’s 1st Freedom Editor in Chief Frank Miniter put it best when he wrote, “At best, this is an attempt to harass gun owners and treat them like criminals; at worst, this new code, if actually put into use, could be used to make it difficult for gun dealers to stay in business while creating lists of who is buying things at gun stores in America.”

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/content/gun-purchase-tracking-by-this-company-starts-soon/

I called Discover last week on this as I have a Discover card. They told me all credit card companies will be going to this. They will know you purchased “something” but the will not be able to tell if it is a gun or ammo. Will have to see how this all plays out. Not looking good

How many here remember "Operation Choke Point" under Obama?

That was a government required plan to have banks deny credit to any business the government designated as undesirable.  Of course gun retailers were on their hit list.  That program was stopped after the pro gun groups shined a light on it.  This credit card MCC idea is just Plan B after Operation Choke Point was stopped.

Every one of these schemes is just an end run around our 2nd A rights.  They all infringe on our right to bear arms, it's just no so obvious.  This is why we all need to stay informed of anti-gun attacks on pro gun rights.

• Like 2

I read this morning that this is on hold. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen though.
Discover is on hold or the other companies?

This is what I found today.

Visa, Mastercard pause decision to track gun shop purchases

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk