2014 Hunting NY Archery Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Post up pics of your 2014 archery season deer here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

• Like 3

FIRST POST ON THE KILL THREAD!

Saturday morning was hunting at my aunt's property in Rome for the early season.  Saw 5 does in the morning and almost got a shot at one but it was a little to thick so I passed on it.  About 8 I left the corn field I was sitting next to for a little still hunting. 

I started walking down an old logging road on the property trying to walk up on something possibly bedded in the beach trees.  Got about 150 yards into the woods from my aunt's hay field and saw a black squirrel which I was very tempted to shoot (and almost did!) Thought it through though, didn't want to use up a rage and possibly break an arrow.  Well its after 930 now and I had stuff to do with my nephew and girlfriend so I turned around to work my way back to the car.  Didn't even take a step and I see a deer walking from my left to righ crossing the logging road I was standing right in the middle on.  I could see it was a buck but he was about 80 yards out so I just watched and couldn't believe he was just going to walk right by me.  Well he turned towards me and took  a few steps then stopped.  Then took a couple steps to the right and stopped again.  He was teasing me!  He finally turned back towards me and was coming right to me! About 40 yards out he got behind a big tree so I quickly and quietly took three or four steps forward and got into a position for a shot.  He stepped out from behind the tree slightly quartering away, I drew, stopped him and let it fly!  Watched the Nokternal laser right into his ribs.  a little back but with the angel still a good shot.  I got my composure and texted my girlfriend to tell her plans were going to have to push back a couple hours.  I waited maybe ten-fifteen minutes and then looked for my arrow and blood.  Found good red blood right from the shot so I got on the trail.  about 60 yards into it I found my arrow feet from a stand my father and I built years ago.  About another 100-150 yards I found him in a cedar swap dead!  Apparently I wasn't the first one to find him....damn coyotes already started to open him up where my arrow went in. luckily no meat was lost.  He was my best bow buck so far! Good mass at the bases, good brows and the best part...the hunt itself less than an hour from shot to finding him 0945-1040

post-2819-0-61051300-1411994144_thumb.jp

post-2819-0-84650800-1411994145_thumb.jp

post-2819-0-18179800-1411994147_thumb.jp

post-2819-0-88240800-1411994147_thumb.jp

• Like 41

Headed into my stand just after day light on the second day of the season after I got rained on the first day and decided to pack it up. As soon as I got my climber in to position I heard what I thought was my buck I had got on cam just a week earlier in the swamp just a head of me but I cannot see the swamp.I sat there patiently waiting for him to appear, after 20 minutes of swimming and splashing around or whatever these creatures do he walks in front of my camera for one last photo shoot. He walks halfway towards me but I still have no shot or at least I am not willing to take one just yet. This goes on for what seemed like forever and then I spot his buddy which is a bigger buck but with a abnormal rack and I had already decided I was out for the seven. He presented a perfect broadside shot at 25 yards, I hit him just a little high from the tree stand but I must have hit him right in the artery as there was a great blood trail from the rage BY. he ran for about 150 yards before he piled up. It took me 5 hours from the time I let the arrow rip until I had him out of the woods, not a drag I will ever look forward to do again by myself but he sure tasted good when me and my buddies processed the meat. Good luck out there guys.

I been lurking since I started hunting last year. post-5440-0-89438900-1412647325_thumb.jppost-5440-0-46525100-1412648129_thumb.jppost-5440-0-46525100-1412648129_thumb.jp

• Like 15

118 lb's she's either 4.5 or 5.5 have pics from last few years. She has a noticeable overbite so it was easy to identify her. Sent a Rage through her lungs at 54 yards in the beans. She ran 80-100 yards downhill before piling up. The itch is gone so now I can play the waiting game with the big boys.

post-1506-14127887210915_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

3 1/2 year old 8 point, 175lbs. Caught him on trail cam yesterday morning checking a scrape I made and had the perfect wind this morning to sit in the right stand for him. Woke up late (6 am) and literally ran to my stand in my base layers. Was there for about 40 min before he leisurely strolled through. Sent a Rage through him at 27 yards. He ran about 300 yards before piling up. My son, wife, and buddy helped in the tracking effort. Great morning.

post-1506-14131356128477_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14131356299397_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14131356451311_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14131356674853_thumb.jpg

• Like 23

520a3c37fad09499c6d4c50af5ca30f7.jpg

5a73b56d9ce29d0ee24d0ef01af897d1.jpg

f29b5e0009766362f2c7ca068ba6fc0a.jpg

Well got out today to my stand and today happen to be my bday ... This 8 point buck came chasing in 6-8 does and I got drawn back all the does ran the buck stood broadside I had to re focus to try and see thru my peep site finally seen thru it let go he ran no farther then 50 yards and piled up my biggest yet ... yates county buck

• Like 18

Post up pics of your 2014 archery season deer here!

Only pictures with the associated story will be allowed in this thread. If you want to congratulate someone, please do it by clicking on the "like this" button for the post. There will be no exceptions.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish to have comments in addition to posting the photo / story here.

Please read the BRIGHT RED, BOLD font above. Not hard to understand unless you no speaka' da' english. Thank you.

• Like 2