Fletch the hunt 2014

Fletch

10/20/14 am 41

Out back this morning, it was a beautiful out. Cool, not wet and calm. I actually saw some deer!!

Had 2 does and a fawn come in from right. The middle doe came right to my tree, I was up with bow in hand but no opportunity. The other 2 were out about 50 yards still. The one walks 8 feet behind me and gets a wiff of something she no like. She starts stomping and taking a couple steps back and forth. This gets the other two all worked up so the big momma blows a couple times and turn and walks out away in front of me with the fawn. The one behind me swings around me, I am thinking perfect. She is 15 yards but I can not draw she will see me. I get drawn but she stops with no shot. I let down when she looks away. She is 30 now and I pull up again as she walks through a 2 foot gap. I just did not have enough time to get comfortable shooting before she is through and off she goes. Close but no cigar!! Sat 2 hours.

Bout time I see something!!

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 3

10/23 am 44

Slipped down into the hole stand this morning for 2 hours. Not a thing. Pulled cam card and not much movement. Did hit a new scrape on the way in. First one I have seen so far. I am usually seeing a lot of small buck movement by now, things are behind.

First we are done for then!! lol

12/24 am 48

Out back for two hours. It was very quiet again nothing. I did pull the cam out back the were moving Tuesday morn when I was not there had a bunch of does and a little 4 point in daylight and yesterday afternoon a bunch of flatheads while I was watching soccer. It was windy too!

Gonna have some action this weekend!

• Like 1

10/25 am 49

Down in the hole stand. Up in stand still way dark and had some moaning noise down out in front of me. Made the hair on the back my neck stand up! Heard it a couple times then saw the big owl fly. His did same thing to my bro up on the ridge!

Sat 3 hours big nada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Fletch

10/25 pm

Got out back tonight for 2.5 hours. I went over behind the inlaws mid day and grabbed a couple licking branches and some scrape dirt. When I got to my far stand I made up a mock scrape about 20 yards to my left along so thick stuff. Less than an hour later a little spike comes in from the front and heads right to me the feeds just off the scrape and then is in the scrape smelling it all. He chewed the licking branch for a sec but that is it. He then stayed under me for 20 minutes. A storm cell blew in during this and it was thundering then lightning. He did not care. He final circled behind me and winded me and loped off.

A bit later I had 3 doe come in from behind left. I saw them out about 50 yards and I saw two who were not looking so I slowly stood up and the 3rd I did not see busted me.

It was good seeing some deer!!

• Like 1

10/27 pm

Out back in the far stand tonight for 1.5 hours.

Had the same 3 doe from the other night jog by behind me too far out. I thought something might be pushing them but not. A bit later my spike came right in to 10-20 yards for 15+ minutes. He is rooting around near the thicket he likes eating something over there not sure what. He came in the scrape I made again and this time scraped and repeatedly chewed overhead branch. At one point standing on hind legs very cool! He then eased out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/28 am 50

Took a short sit out back in the tower stand for an hour. I did not have long to sit since I needed to get to work so I can get out early to go fishing!! Also neglected this spot in the summer and after I sat for an hour I stapled the camo netting that had come loose as well as clean out the back shooting lane to the ridge. This is the spot my nephew missed one a couple weeks ago in youth.

I would love to move this thing but it weighs like a ton and would be an absolute beast! Made of metal racking.

10/29 am 50

Out behind the house in the far stand. Before light I had one come in to the mock. It was dark and could not tell what it was. It hung around and it got lighter and it turned out to be a nice 8 point. He peed in the scrape and chewed on the branches. Walked back and forth broadside in front of me and off he went. Got to see him in daylight!

I am pleased with the mock scrape! Gonna put a cam on it. I have sat it 4 times and 3 have had a buck in it.

10/31 pm 49

Well my favorite night to hunt is over!! I saw a nice shooter about 5 minutes to 6. He was about 90 yards out going across not towards me. I gave him a couple grunts but he did not hear or want to. I got aggressive and gave him a snort wheeze. That stopped him so I was going to give him one more but well it sounded a little funny and he did not like that and turned and I could here him jog off. Hope I did not blow him outa here I could not see his rack well but the one beam I saw looked well outside the ears and heavy. Big body too.

Started packing up and just about to get down and 3 more come in, I think does so I had to wait them out 20 minutes to get down and sneak out.

you guys think I spooked him beyond return?

11/2 pm 39? windy

Out back for 3 hours. A little before 5 I see a deer running out right of me about 100 yards out upwind? Hmm nothing then 10 minutes later from where the last one started I see one run the opposite way and swings behind me still over 100 out. I grab binos and find 2 down near the creek bottom. They cut walking behind me about 50 yards out 2 real small ones. Not sure if I saw 3 or 4 all together.

Bro and Bro in law nothing.