Stone's 2014 hunting thread

stoneam2006

Well I've been slacking on updating this due to phone almost always being dead after work....I've been hunting hard last week and see nothing but sign. ...except today I saw 6 different bucks including a huge buck....now if only I was in my stand and not walking when I seen them....only spooked one and set up down aways hoping he'd come around wind picked up and saw nothing.....hopefully I get up in the morning really really picking up here in southern tier....

• 2 weeks later...

Well been out everyday seen deer almost daily but all to far as I'm a shotgun hunter. Saw the 10 pt we have been seeing today he was moving along about 200 yrd out....so I put on a slow stalk as wind was in my favor idk what he was after but never stopped never bedded. Followed for about hour and half before left the property. Lots and lots of movement but seems my timing is off and haven't sat much witch is probably part of the issue. ..back to second shift next week maybe the mornings will reward me the nights sure havent....

Been out almost daily....got up early Tuesday morning and headed to state land in 8n....had to work at 3 pm got there at 630 at 930 I shot this big doe....horrible horrible horrible shot on my part took me 3 hours to track her down and get her to truck just in time to hit the road and get home to work. I gut shot her baf and had a bad blood trail but was glad I didn't have to call in sick to find her running low on vac time. So I got home and snapped a pic 9 her in truck just to send to old man bc I shot deer number 2 with his 270 lol....big doe my freezers full now finally....need one more for uncle and one more for disabled Vet I hunt for as he signed his tag over to me. Worth the blood and sweat to help fill some freezers not to mention the time in the woods can't be beat....I'll be out the rest of week and thru ML season with new loader.....buck reg tag buck ML tag and 2 doe tags left and I will have filled everyone who asked me freezers for them couldn't be happier....and having best year of my career other than the no buck tag....good luck fellas

post-4901-14176592561406_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...