My Biggest Buck

beachpeaz

I think aside of getting the excitement from seeing a buck myself is getting texts from buddies in various areas getting one knocked down or a fellow member of the forum getting a nice deer! That always pumps me up

I was day dreaming a little bit about your buck this evenings sit as if your bucks twin brother was going to slip in behind me lmao.

Congrats again

• Like 2

I think aside of getting the excitement from seeing a buck myself is getting texts from buddies in various areas getting one knocked down or a fellow member of the forum getting a nice deer! That always pumps me up

I was day dreaming a little bit about your buck this evenings sit as if your bucks twin brother was going to slip in behind me lmao.

Congrats again

I couldn't agree more. I love seeing friends and family be successful and seeing that excitement in them.

lol , you mean the buck never walked by you? I sent him your way a couple days ago!

I couldn't agree more. I love seeing friends and family be successful and seeing that excitement in them.

lol , you mean the buck never walked by you? I sent him your way a couple days ago!

Crap... hope he didn't get hit by a car or something lol

He snuck in behind me at 35 yards. Had to make an akward shot around the back of the tree, over a branch and between 2 saplings. Smoked him. Went 30 feet and piled up. Main frame 10 with split 2's (scorable) and an extra kicker on his right 2 that is questionable. We will call him a 12 point. Tallest buck I have ever seen. His brows are 8", his G2's and G3's average 11". Not very wide, but a ton of character. Rough Gross 147"

attachicon.gif12 Point - 10-2-2014.JPG

attachicon.gif12 Point - (10-2-2014) d.JPG

congrats bro looks like a great Long Island buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He snuck in behind me at 35 yards. Had to make an akward shot around the back of the tree, over a branch and between 2 saplings. Smoked him. Went 30 feet and piled up. Main frame 10 with split 2's (scorable) and an extra kicker on his right 2 that is questionable. We will call him a 12 point. Tallest buck I have ever seen. His brows are 8", his G2's and G3's average 11". Not very wide, but a ton of character. Rough Gross 147"

attachicon.gif12 Point - 10-2-2014.JPG

attachicon.gif12 Point - (10-2-2014) d.JPG

congrats bro looks like a great Long Island buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome buck! Send the front teeth to deerage.com or Matson's lab and do cementum annuli aging. Tooth wear aging has a terrible track record even among experienced professionals. I'd be surprised if that deer wasn't at least 4. Gray faces, nose length, roman noses, etc. are all genetic, not age indicators.

• Like 2

Id still like to get a look at the jaw bone for poops and giggles. Can we please get a pic of the side view of the left jaw bone, then a straight down shot of the same one? Pretty please??? lol

sadly I was too late!  I personally didn't care about the age until i started this thread.  So many people made comments it made me want to get it aged!  I called the taxidermist Sunday evening (dropped the deer off on thursday) and he already caped and capped the buck.  The rest was long gone in the garbage.  I was pretty bummed as now I really do want to find out if he was older than he appeared.  FUTURE note in my brain to keep the lower jaw!!

I will tell you where he lives if anyone wants to go dumpster diving.  lol.

(and, had I had it, I would have no problem sending you the pics).

Edited by beachpeaz

In the future, i will do this just for this exact reason.  I can always toss them later if I decide i don't want it.  I really have never cared a whole lot in the past.  He is 152" regardless if he is 3.5 or 5.5 in my mind.

HOWEVER, with this caliber of deer, and peoples comments, I want to know if he was a freak that could have been a future 200" deer!  Who knows.  We wont' know...lol.