Female dogs and blood in urine.

First-light

So I have Bailey she is about a year and a few months old. Last summer she had blood in her urine and brought her to Dansville animal hospital. 

They did the basic tests and turned out to be an infection. I'm going through it again right now. Dog is eating and drinking fine but at times in the house urinates. When she urinates the last bit is all blood. She goes back tomorrow to the Vet. Anyone else deal with this with a female Pup? 

Edited by First-light

39 minutes ago, First-light said:

So I have Bailey she is about a year and a few months old. Last summer she had blood in her urine and brought her to Dansville animal hospital. 

They did the basic tests and turned out to be an infection. I'm going through it again right now. Dog is eating and drinking fine but at times in the house urinates. When she urinates the last bit is all blood. She goes back tomorrow to the Vet. Anyone else deal with this with a female Pup? 

I personally have not experienced that with my dog but my cousin has a couple times with his dog.  They are on vacation but I will shoot them a text to see what the verdict was with their dog. 
At least going back to vet tomorrow so if something is wrong she won’t be waiting

Edited by boo711
  • Like 1

Has her heat cycle been positively eliminated as a possible cause, while female dogs generally come in heat about every six months there is nothing set in stone. I have had some pretty odd heat cycles in some of my females and the times and amount of bleeding cam vary greatly from a little bit to a lot.

Al

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Has her heat cycle been positively eliminated as a possible cause, while female dogs generally come in heat about every six months there is nothing set in stone. I have had some pretty odd heat cycles in some of my females and the times and amount of bleeding cam vary greatly from a little bit to a lot.

Al

she was spayed as a pup so I have to rule that out. I should of said that in the post. 

had an issue with my past lab many yrs ago, kinda same thing but she got very weak and ill, turned out had infection in her blood causing her red blood cells to die and she would pass the dead cells thru her urine not a deep red blood , the infection was caused when she cut her "wrist " on front leg very deep severed veins ....the infection didnt show up for many months after,  long story short she need a blood transfusion and medication several months to heal up....

• Like 1

Take her to a vet, as it could be a myriad of possibilities causing the issue.

If your vet confirms that it's another UTI, there are food/drink supplements to give your dog to help curtail the UTI from happening again.

Some dogs are prone to infections.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Good morning. As of last night when I started to collect her urine the blood has stoped. I'll take that as a good thing. She did have an accident in the house last night (no blood). We go at 2:00 to have her checked out. Other than the frequent urinating and when the blood was in urine she is fine. I'll report back this afternoon. Going to look at the links you guys posted. Thank you!

So I too her to the Vet yesterday. Slight infection in urine but vet was more concerned with the amount of blood. Did an xray of bladder looking for stones it was negative. She was put on a pain kjiler and anti anti-inflammatory med. Bring back urine in two weeks. 

• Like 2