Gobbling

silent death

They were gobbling like crazy outback caught me off guard ...I looked out the back window and was surprised to see 4 or 5 gobblers walking around the kids 4 wheeler track . I managed to get the 2 bigger ones on the cell phone  before they left 

20230405_123434.jpg

Edited by silent death

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

One thing I do miss is the gobbling fools. Last 2 birds I killed never gobbled after fly down . Back in the 80s and 90s you couldn't shut them up. Only real common denominator is increase in coyotes. 

Alot of hunting pressure will make them go silent to....

4 hours ago, Nytracker said:

One thing I do miss is the gobbling fools. Last 2 birds I killed never gobbled after fly down . Back in the 80s and 90s you couldn't shut them up. Only real common denominator is increase in coyotes. 

In my area there has always been a lot of coyotes.  The agricultural situation and woods have not changed much.  There is a new predator in my area, fischers.  Turkey numbers are WAY down in my area (Northern Oswego and Cayuga Counties) compared to 30 years ago and yes, they sure don't like to talk as much.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:54 PM, jperch said:

In my area there has always been a lot of coyotes.  The agricultural situation and woods have not changed much.  There is a new predator in my area, fischers.  Turkey numbers are WAY down in my area (Northern Oswego and Cayuga Counties) compared to 30 years ago and yes, they sure don't like to talk as much.

Yes Fisher Cats