Rain Gear Recommendations

Simply put most of my good rain gear is about 60$ for a top and same for bottom.  Unless you go with a plastic poncho I do not think cheap goes with rain gear.  Most brands in that price range work and are made of a cloth vs some type of plastic. 

They are also packable so I keep them in the back pack for extra wind protection/layers/rain. 

Edited by NFA-ADK

If you ever did any surf or boat fishing in October and November you would know what to buy. A good base and top layer and Real rain gear , Not that gortex garbage , I had a set of top notch gortex jacket and pants and threw them out , Not real rain gear And it does not have to be a Camo pattern, I have had deer walk up and eat 10 feet from me wearing Bright Orange in the rain.

Frog togs by far. Wouldn't replace mine for anything. ...except the lay - z - boy and a warm fire in the cabin. I got mine about 6yrs ago. Happened to walk by them at dicks when they were on the sale rack. Got both top and Bottoms for $45-50 bucks. At the time I had never heard of them but now they are all the rage

Frog togs by far. Wouldn't replace mine for anything. ...except the lay - z - boy and a warm fire in the cabin. I got mine about 6yrs ago. Happened to walk by them at dicks when they were on the sale rack. Got both top and Bottoms for $45-50 bucks. At the time I had never heard of them but now they are all the rage

I agree completly. Frog togs are the best bang for your buck! Light and thin enough to  wear camo over it and not sweat because there thin.

Edited by BowWeldingJohn

• 4 months later...

I see a set in sportsman guide called us military surplus rainsuit(53.99) made of waterproof polyurethane-coated 100% rip stop nylon- frogg togg are made of "three layers of polyprolene and a center of microporous film" (whatever the hell that allow means!!!)

Anyone know what polyurethane SOUNDS LIKE?

• 6 months later...