Attachments for my MF 1835M

Tractor guys I need help. My tractor has been great with the cleanup from the fire but I rutted up some areas on my property. Could not wait for property to dry. 

What attachments can I use to fix this. York rake? Also I'll be spreading crusher run in a few weeks is there something for that?

Thanks FL

Edited by First-light

22 minutes ago, First-light said:

Tractor guys I need help. My tractor has been great with the cleanup from the fire but I rutted up some areas on my property. Could not wait for property to dry. 

What attachments can I use to fix this. York rake? Also I'll be spreading crusher run in a few weeks is there something for that?

Thanks FL

When I rut the heck out of my place [which happens more than I like to admit :  ) ]I use my old tractor mounted tiller. I start as deep as I need to go, and repeatedly go over, each time raising the tiller height. I'm not a professional landscaper , so this may not be "standard of care lol", but it works for me. I can get things pretty darned smooth.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, First-light said:

What attachments can I use to fix this. York rake?

Judging from your pictures I think a york rake would get the ground half way decent along with a little hand shoveling and raking. I use a box blade on the back of my tractor to do my 800 ft dirt-gravel driveway, it does a great job taking out and leveling ruts. Kind of expensive to purchase for just one small job.

Al

• Like 1

Have you got a loaded on the tractor.  If so, you ought to be able to back drag over the ruts, and close then up most of the way, then go scoop up some fresh dirt and fill them the rest of the way, then heap on a little extra dirt.  After adding that additional dirt, use the loaded bucket again to back drag and level.  

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Have you got a loaded on the tractor.  If so, you ought to be able to back drag over the ruts, and close then up most of the way, then go scoop up some fresh dirt and fill them the rest of the way, then heap on a little extra dirt.  After adding that additional dirt, use the loaded bucket again to back drag and level.  

You mean a bucket? Yes if so. I did a back drag with the bucket empty. Give it a shot with a loaded bucket?

5 hours ago, First-light said:

You mean a bucket? Yes if so. I did a back drag with the bucket empty. Give it a shot with a loaded bucket?

I would not put anything on the bucket.  Just tilt it up a little and then lower it to lift the front tractor wheels slightly, as you back drag at 90 degrees across the ruts.  Your tractor engine weight will act as ballast.   Later, if you bring in some loose dirt, you can back drag across the ruts with the loader down in “float” position. On my JD, I get “float” position by pushing the control handle all the way forward.  The manual for your tractor should explain how to get that. 

On 5/15/2023 at 12:31 PM, wolc123 said:

I would not put anything on the bucket.  Just tilt it up a little and then lower it to lift the front tractor wheels slightly, as you back drag at 90 degrees across the ruts.  Your tractor engine weight will act as ballast.   Later, if you bring in some loose dirt, you can back drag across the ruts with the loader down in “float” position. On my JD, I get “float” position by pushing the control handle all the way forward.  The manual for your tractor should explain how to get that. 

Wow ok got to look into how to do this. Thank you!