This site?

Just a quick question to anyone here in the know. 

There was talk from those during the mass exodus, about this site disappearing sometime during the month of May. So, with May now upon us, is there any chance this might actually happen?  I would be disappointed to see this remaining group of people one day just vanish. 

If it is in the works, is there a Plan B? 

Thanks!

As the old Mark Twain saying goes "this site's demise has been greatly exaggerated."

I believe it was nothing but a big fat lie, one blowhard dissenter found the annual renewal date of this site for the payment to the hosting company and twisted it as the Mayan doomsday date of this site, his and a few others wishful thinking.

The owner of this site has paid his hosting site for the last dozen years it has been up on the internet and I have seen no evidence that he is not going to pay it again this year.

As for the chance the site may someday shutdown sure it can happen and if it does so be it, I got along just fine before joining and will continue to do so if the site is here or not here.

Personally right now I think this site's content is the best it has ever been.

Al

• Like 4

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Personally right now I think this site's content is the best it has ever been

I agree!

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

As long as members keep posting on this site , it will remain . It has slowed down quite a bit and if you notice , no arguing . The sky isn't falling !

Great to hear! 

15 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I for one would like to see this site continue !

Me too. 

1 hour ago, airedale said:

As for the chance the site may someday shutdown sure it can happen and if it does so be it, I got along just fine before joining and will continue to do so if the site is here or not here.

Like you; my life will go on either way. But after so many years, I was thinking it would be a bit of a let down if just went lights out all of a sudden. With those remaining here; there seems to be a level of mutual respect, and I enjoy reading the posts and hearing what you fellow members are up to, or have on your minds.  I was hoping it, you all, would still be around.  

Thanks for the update. 

• Like 2

It does suck that the site owner is AWOL . I see various guests looking at the site and I don't have the power to approve anyone to get new members . I don't / haven't got any response from burmjohn and he does post on facebook . 

What I am seeing is , a few members with very few posts coming out of the woodwork and joining in on conversations . 

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

It does suck that the site owner is AWOL . I see various guests looking at the site and I don't have the power to approve anyone to get new members . I don't / haven't got any response from burmjohn and he does post on facebook . 

What I am seeing is , a few members with very few posts coming out of the woodwork and joining in on conversations . 

Exactly. And if you ask them they would tell you they were not posting because of the few that left with the pack mentality and the shit stirrers. This is the site now that it should be. New members in would be nice but at least now we have a group here that posts what they want and no idiot comes behind them and talks smack about their post. You notice now on this site we really don’t need a mod per se because everyone stays in their own lane. That other site thinks they have to have what 6-7 mods?  And that site is pretty much made up from the ones that left here.      This site will not go anywhere. The owner see’s what goes on here and who talks all the smack and hopefully when it does come back better then ever he keeps the idiots that were ruining this site to begin with right where they are. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, First-light said:

I would seriously purchase the site if I knew how?  

I would also. I actually paid like $15 a year for years to help the place along. Up until the idiots showed up and a whole lot of the crap was let go on here without any repercussions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmandoes said:

It's turkey season and this site is dead.

Maybe because people are out enjoying the season instead of living on some hunting site. Some people don’t have to brag or throw their kills all over the internet. But if it’s turkeys you need to see here in Number 2 for the season with a couple beards as a kicker. Enjoy!!!

IMG_6197.png

• Like 5

I checked the other site . A crybaby on that site that still checks in here was whining about getting a warning point for language from me . Apparently I let what little authority I have on here went to my head . Shame on me ! Mea culpa , mea culpa , mea maxima culpa ...........

Just don't post their link on here ........

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wife and I are currently in Boston helping my son and soon to be DIL get their house ready for their wedding next week, so turkey hunting is off the table fo me the rest of the season. It's nice to see the pics of those successful this year, even if they are posted in the thread I started to check if this site was going to disappear while I was away. Although, maybe they would be better to be posted in one of the Turkey hunting threads.

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Agree! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I checked the other site . A crybaby on that site that still checks in here was whining about getting a warning point for language from me . Apparently I let what little authority I have on here went to my head . Shame on me ! Mea culpa , mea culpa , mea maxima culpa ...........

They all still check in here. Belo got tossed because he came back just to do what he was best at… Stirring the pot!  The biggest noise maker that said this site sucked and new people could not join and this site was going to disappear still finds the need to post here. Those that stayed here are those that do not need to live on an internet hunting site. Maybe quieter here but much more enjoyable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It bothers me to hear anyone here celebrating the fact that some of the more controversial members are now gone. Yes, I know there are some that work at being controversial, but some of those people have also been responsible for the site maintaining opposing viewpoints that provided a complete discussion of the issues that we outdoors-people frequently encounter. This site grew from controversy. I have watched what has made this site become one of the most outstanding NYS hunting and fishing forums from the day of its inception to its high point. I have watched the place grow from nothing, and I know what made this forum work. It would be a shame to have the site neutered because people become afraid to express their opinions, feeling they will be labeled as "pot-stirrers" and such.

The site has lost some of it's spirit and interest lately. Maybe we could use a little pot-stirring. Let's not choose to run away like others have done, but let's also be a bit more tolerant of opposing opinions and even encourage discussion and controversy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It bothers me to hear anyone here celebrating the fact that some of the more controversial members are now gone. Yes, I know there are some that work at being controversial, but some of those people have also been responsible for the site maintaining opposing viewpoints that provided a complete discussion of the issues that we outdoors-people frequently encounter. This site grew from controversy. I have watched what has made this site become one of the most outstanding NYS hunting and fishing forums from the day of its inception to its high point. I have watched the place grow from nothing, and I know what made this forum work. It would be a shame to have the site neutered because people become afraid to express their opinions, feeling they will be labeled as "pot-stirrers" and such.

The site has lost some of it's spirit and interest lately. Maybe we could use a little pot-stirring. Let's not choose to run away like others have done, but let's also be a bit more tolerant of opposing opinions and even encourage discussion and controversy.

I totally agree with you, except for the fact that most of the pot stirrers that left were the ones calling for the banning and censoring of other members when their lies were challenged with facts, also breaking several rules and then crying like babies when they were put into time out.

You can only have a discussion of opposing viewpoints with adults, so the cry babies started another site and I wish them well.

I would also like to see a growing membership, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It bothers me to hear anyone here celebrating the fact that some of the more controversial members are now gone.

To each his own I guess. I for one don't miss the non stop name calling, trolling, and general nastiness the so called "controversial" ex-members displayed against  anyone they determined to be outside their clique. 

Talk about spinning the narrative. Let's remember what really happened here. For the past several years, throughout Trump and Covid, the Trump haters and self proclaimed medical experts spewed their utter nonsense and attacked anyone who did not bow to their expertise and infinite knowledge. 

So how did that all work out for them?  How much of their expert medical advice and opinion related to Covid prove to be correct? How is the country doing now with Orangeman gone? Quite a bit of egg on the face! Well that is if the egg shortage is over. 

As far as I'm concerned; the "site" became a convenient excuse for a select mouthy few to bail out and drag any supporters with them, before having to face the music for being revealed for being so wrong on so much. It was like someone breaking wind in the supermarket aisle then running to the other aisle.

But then again, what the hell do I know? Like everything else I was told was not really happening over the past 3 1/2 years, it's probably just another conspiracy theory. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It would be a shame to have the site neutered because people become afraid to express their opinions, feeling they will be labeled as "pot-stirrers" and such.

I would suggest this site is a lot more accepting of differing opinions now than it was prior to the exodus. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Let's not choose to run away like others have done, but let's also be a bit more tolerant of opposing opinions and even encourage discussion and controversy.

From the way it looked to me, nobody "ran away" for fear of expressing their opinions. They talked about how bad this site was, that it was going to fail or disappear, and how great things would be once they all met at their new promise land. They chose to leave. Let's not now rewrite history and turn them into victims! 

• Like 3

Several , who left , still come back to see what is going on with the hopes that this site has failed . Just keep posting . There have been a lot of GUESTS poking around . If only the site owner cared enough to come around , we might be able to have some of these guests become members .

• Like 1