This site?

5 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I totally agree with you, except for the fact that most of the pot stirrers that left were the ones calling for the banning and censoring of other members when their lies were challenged with facts, also breaking several rules and then crying like babies when they were put into time out.

You can only have a discussion of opposing viewpoints with adults, so the cry babies started another site and I wish them well.

I would also like to see a growing membership, but it is what it is.

Great Post. No truer words spoken. There has not been one episode of anyone getting their panties in a bunch since they all left.  And Bill you were the loudest person telling everyone how this place sucked and would disappear and the other site would be so much better. Well how did that work out for ya?  I saw your hands get slapped a few times over there by the what 7-8-9 mods they have for just disagreeing with someone. All that site is made up of is by the ones that left here. Good for them. This site is so much better now !!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

To each his own I guess. I for one don't miss the non stop name calling, trolling, and general nastiness the so called "controversial" ex-members displayed against  anyone they determined to be outside their clique. 

Talk about spinning the narrative. Let's remember what really happened here. For the past several years, throughout Trump and Covid, the Trump haters and self proclaimed medical experts spewed their utter nonsense and attacked anyone who did not bow to their expertise and infinite knowledge. 

So how did that all work out for them?  How much of their expert medical advice and opinion related to Covid prove to be correct? How is the country doing now with Orangeman gone? Quite a bit of egg on the face! Well that is if the egg shortage is over. 

As far as I'm concerned; the "site" became a convenient excuse for a select mouthy few to bail out and drag any supporters with them, before having to face the music for being revealed for being so wrong on so much. It was like someone breaking wind in the supermarket aisle then running to the other aisle.

But then again, what the hell do I know? Like everything else I was told was not really happening over the past 3 1/2 years, it's probably just another conspiracy theory. 

I would suggest this site is a lot more accepting of differing opinions now than it was prior to the exodus. 

From the way it looked to me, nobody "ran away" for fear of expressing their opinions. They talked about how bad this site was, that it was going to fail or disappear, and how great things would be once they all met at their new promise land. They chose to leave. Let's not now rewrite history and turn them into victims! 

Great post. All Facts!!!  This site is much better without the clique. If you notice that site is all the same people, not growing really at all and full of pop ups. No Thanks!  

• Haha 2

Not everyone ran away, some of us had stopped posting much here before the new forum was even created.

Something to consider, and I've said this on the other forum as well:

Stop all the hen pecking. This silly forum war is like those movies and TV shows with all the old ladies sitting around the hair salon with those things on their head worrying about and gossiping about the shop across the road. It's not making either site look good. The bottom line is if you don't care what's up "over there" then stop going over there (said that "over there" about ripping on "here" too ). It's pretty petty.

Let it go people, just let it go!

Go outside and do something worthy of posting here and maybe people will reply. The hunting posts bottomed out when the other forum started, something else to think about.. << Lightbulb Meme>>

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Not everyone ran away, some of us had stopped posting much here before the new forum was even created.

Something to consider, and I've said this on the other forum as well:

Stop all the hen pecking. This silly forum war is like those movies and TV shows with all the old ladies sitting around the hair salon with those things on their head worrying about and gossiping about the shop across the road. It's not making either site look good. The bottom line is if you don't care what's up "over there" then stop going over there (said that "over there" about ripping on "here" too ). It's pretty petty.

Let it go people, just let it go!

Go outside and do something worthy of posting here and maybe people will reply. The hunting posts bottomed out when the other forum started, something else to think about.. << Lightbulb Meme>>

The trade off is well worth it. Less posts and less bull !!!

29 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Since you used my Name and are looking to argue obviously  I will reply.

Many Left chiefly because of you...  It is your Attitude.  Worse then Brash and seemingly always Angry at everything.

I have no time for it . Not many reactions here- but a " Laughing Face"  will get my point across plainly as your endless Angry Quotes when you are Bored will start up again. 

You should have been Banned Long ago.....

One only has to go back and look at your posts about this site to see the truths. And don’t you sound the fool here seeing though that since all the gang of war has left there has not been one single disagreement let alone an argument on this site. So once again shows your cluelessness. Funny how you think a guy that has been on this site for I dont know maybe like 15 years should be banned. Do you have any you-tube hunts of other peoples hunts you would like to share here?   Again!                                                                                 By the way,  how did the self proclaimed famous Turkey hunters year go again this spring?  

Edited by Four Seasons
  • Haha 1

There is nothing wrong with a civil debate.  In fact, that is how discussions actually resolve issues.

It's when debates turn into personal attacks that add no evidence to the side one is arguing that things become unacceptable and corrosive.  There is a distinct lack of that type of thing on this site lately.  I never thought I'd see that happen here.

• Like 2

My thoughts we are on borrowed time. Site is paid up to a certain point then done. I'm cool hanging on and hope this doesn't happen. Who knows just carry on!!! 

A website cannot remain online forever without having its domain renewed. The domain is what tells the server where to find the website, and without it, the website cannot be found. The owner should make sure that the domain name is renewed in a timely manner.

Many old abandoned websites are still up because the domain has not expired yet. The owners may have forgotten to renew it, or they may have deliberately allowed it to expire. In either case, the hosting service will eventually take the website down.

A domain name can be renewed for 1, 3, 5, 10, or even unlimited years. 

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

There is nothing wrong with a civil debate.  In fact, that is how discussions actually resolve issues.

It's when debates turn into personal attacks that add no evidence to the side one is arguing that things become unacceptable and corrosive.  There is a distinct lack of that type of thing on this site lately.  I never thought I'd see that happen here.

Exactly.  And nobody can dispute the fact that when the so called crowd that were the only ones keeping this place afloat left there has not been any of the other useless banter. I would much rather see a slower site with less posts than a site like was here before. And one look will tell you that nobody is busting down the doors to try and join that so called great replacement site. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All of that is in the past now though.  I prefer to assess the site we now have for what it's worth and concentrate on what goes on here.  Let's keep this one going as much as we can and forget about what was and who is, by choice, gone.

• Like 4

I was off doing other things when all this stuff happened, so I probably have no business commenting on any of this. But you can imagine the shock when I heard bits and pieces about all of what has been going on here.

But I can tell you that pot-stirring and heated emotional responses and such are not something new here and any other forums. It all goes hand-in-hand with expressing opinions. Many of you have no idea how crazy things can get when outdoors people get together to express opinions. Talk about emotional and anger and lack of civility......ha-ha-ha. Over the 13 years that I have been on this site, I saw some of the greatest growth in membership and activity happen when we had the most bitter controversies raging. Things were pretty darn lively and interesting here, to the point where people were logging on every day just to see how the war was going. That is why I found it hard to believe that anything or anyone could cause the kind of upheaval that I have seen on my return here.

But like I said, I was not here when all this took place, so I guess I don't have a lot to say other than trying to get up to speed on what all has happened.

• Like 1

Any site that can't accept new members dies. Some slowly, some quickly.  Sadly been through it before on MUCH MUCH bigger forums than this one. Just the way it is. People move on, lose interest , pass away. The slow down only makes more people leave.  Sucked watching the ship sink from the inside, had all the admin controls except for the ability to fix the registration problem (third and fourth party software issues)

The fact that people can't join adds to disgust, and bad mouthing of the forum. Even if it's reformed elsewhere in a new form with the old name, people are resistant to join. Again, having seen it first hand. 

Heck just the fact that I can't post from Firefox pisses me off.  I never remember until it doesn't work, then I have to open a different browser to finish what I typed.

And when I do finally get it to go, it double taps like this. (and all my recent posts)   #@^%@*#!

Edited by cas

17 hours ago, cas said:

Any site that can't accept new members dies. Some slowly, some quickly.  Sadly been through it before on MUCH MUCH bigger forums than this one. Just the way it is. People move on, lose interest , pass away. The slow down only makes more people leave.  Sucked watching the ship sink from the inside, had all the admin controls except for the ability to fix the registration problem (third and fourth party software issues)

The fact that people can't join adds to disgust, and bad mouthing of the forum. Even if it's reformed elsewhere in a new form with the old name, people are resistant to join. Again, having seen it first hand. 

Is it a fact that no new members can join this site? Do we need Burmjohn here to accept new members? If that is the case, then I agree, the site is doomed. But I am not sure that is the case. I am curious as to whether we still have new members joining recently. Our site Owner has been MIA for a long time. Have we not had any new members since then?.....just a question.

As far as I know , the site owner is the only person who can okay new members . I believe WNYBuckhunter was trying to have burmjohn let him okay new members but that never happened . Burmjohn has been busy on facebook showing off his pristine lawn . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There is absolutely no competition between sites. It is what it is. Everyone can come and go as they please. I visit both. Some great folks here and there. Have no issues with anyone. Well...............maybe Mayor McCheese. But some things will always remain the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

There is absolutely no competition between sites. It is what it is. Everyone can come and go as they please. I visit both. Some great folks here and there. Have no issues with anyone. Well...............maybe Mayor McCheese. But some things will always remain the same.

Yeah because so called adults find it necessary to say childish shit. Glad you still fit that mold. Notice how peaceful it is around these parts now that only adults post on here anymore?  Point Proven!!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah because so called adults find it necessary to say childish shit. Glad you still fit that mold. Notice how peaceful it is around these parts now that only adults post on here anymore?  Point Proven!!

Nice to see you still haven't changed either mayor.

• Thanks 2

We all are so ready to blame other people for our loss of activity here, when in reality, we simply have a participation problem. We have over 9,000 members here and the actual number of participants is a tiny, tiny, tiny, percentage of that. Nobody wants to log into a site that is likely to only have only a couple of new topics and always posted by the same people. That's not a knock against those here that do post (thank Heavens for those members), it is a knock against those who don't. I know that it is the same with almost any forum. It is always difficult to get the bashful members to post anything, but it sure would be great is some of the silent majority here would speak up and post something. And then when they do, we have to encourage them by not trying to bash their efforts.

I know this is a hard time for hunting related topics. It is almost a dormant time of the year for hunting issues, but there still are a lot of issues and outdoor activity subjects that could be posted and discussed.

How do we get people to participate? Anyone got any ideas?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:20 PM, Doc said:

We all are so ready to blame other people for our loss of activity here, when in reality, we simply have a participation problem. We have over 9,000 members here and the actual number of participants is a tiny, tiny, tiny, percentage of that. Nobody wants to log into a site that is likely to only have only a couple of new topics and always posted by the same people. That's not a knock against those here that do post (thank Heavens for those members), it is a knock against those who don't. I know that it is the same with almost any forum. It is always difficult to get the bashful members to post anything, but it sure would be great is some of the silent majority here would speak up and post something. And then when they do, we have to encourage them by not trying to bash their efforts.

I know this is a hard time for hunting related topics. It is almost a dormant time of the year for hunting issues, but there still are a lot of issues and outdoor activity subjects that could be posted and discussed.

How do we get people to participate? Anyone got any ideas?

Without the site owner participating it's hard to grow the site ...one way to help the site stay alive is to create new sub forums  to get the lurkers to join the site and that itself would create new content ..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I don't think more sub forums are the answer . We need Members to to respond to posts that are already made . We need full participation . Members with 200 , 300 etc. posts have started to come alive a bit . 

Exactly (how's that ? LOL)

• Like 1