New Toy - Gamo .22

Picked this up a few days ago.  Always wanted another .22 air rifle.  Have not had one since I was a kid.  I have a .17 single shot, but this is a 10 shot repeater.  It has a magazine that auto feeds and it shoots pellets at 1000 fps. Total cost with tax, scope and 250 pellets was about $225.  I have it sighted in now at 25 yards and it is accurate enough for red squirrels, which will serve as the most common target.  It is said to be able to take woodchuck at 50 yards too.  We'll see.  Weighs only about 6.5 pounds and has a good trigger @ 4lbs but quite a bit of travel before it shoots. Adding a sling may be possible, but it would have to be a slip on type.

MyGamo22 001.JPG

• Like 2

Two woodchuck decided to make themselves at home under my shed this week and I noticed they were there yesterday morning.  They were coming out onto the lawn to feed on the newly mowed grass.  I took the first one out with a head shot at 20 yards.  It just dropped it's head and laid there.  The other one ran back under the shed when I moved to reload the rifle with the break action barrel.  About 10 minutes later it felt safe enough to pop it's head out from under the shed and it took a head shot too.  The rifle had enough power to snuff the lights out on both of them with one shot to the head at 20 yards.  I like not having to worry about the noise or hearing protection when I use this air rifle.

• Like 2