Delaware Bans Trail Cameras .

A growing trend and a bit of overreach I think. I am still hunting using and reading sign with old stone age techniques, have never used trail cameras, I like being surprised.

Al

• Like 2

3 hours ago, airedale said:

A growing trend and a bit of overreach I think. I am still hunting using and reading sign with old stone age techniques, have never used trail cameras, I like being surprised.

Al

I have yet to use a Trail Camera  myself.

I don't really use trail cameras for hunting purposes. I have not found it very useful to learn the night-time patterns of deer. I don't hunt at night. So I think that using cameras to assist our deer hunting is quite over-rated. I kind of like to see what kind of critters are wandering around in the dark around our place. It is just interesting photography. So here are these people telling us how we have to take pictures. That kind of fits in well with all the other ways that people are trying to control everything that hunters do.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I use Trail Cam's all the time ! I get too see Deer - Fawns , Coyotes , Raccoons and Bear .... all year long and not just when I'm in my woods ! I live 45 minutes away but do not use Cell Cam's ! I love going to my property with my son to change chips and am in a hurry to get home and see " What's There " ! If I see a Trespasser I can Email the local PD and they will look into it . Yeah I love my Trail Cam's and will continue to use them !  On my Property my opinion is the only one that matters .

Edited by GreeneHunter
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Camera's completey changed the hunting game for me. Last year I was able to take every piece of big game in my area and I attribute the majority of my success to cell cameras. 

I completely understand why they are being banned, using them is like cheating.

SYFW1813.thumb.JPG.a8706cbc418dc4004dd47c6cd2174532.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavuser said:

Camera's completey changed the hunting game for me. Last year I was able to take every piece of big game in my area and I attribute the majority of my success to cell cameras. 

I completely understand why they are being banned, using them is like cheating.

SYFW1813.thumb.JPG.a8706cbc418dc4004dd47c6cd2174532.JPG

The ones direct to cell phone I would tend to agree. The others where you have to check the card and advantage for sure but shooting a bullet a mile is also. Technology is not always good.  I check my herd with a drone and can do crazy things with that. 

• Like 1