When you find a scrape

Izayah12

Read an article once about someone who made a lot of mock scrapes and due to the sheer necessity of lots of Buck Urine, decide to just pee in the scrapes himself.  Said it worked every time.

Did it myself a couple years back into a scrape, the next day, tripled in size and was just marked up.

Edited by skeets716

So I've heard peeing on the scrape makes the buck believe another buck is intruding on his territory and gets them riled up to defend their turf. I also read an article about the "Zip ties Method". This method involves cutting the over hanging lick branch and placing it in a sealed bag in order to not contaminate the branch with other scents. Then taking this branch to another property you hunt and zip tie the branch to another licking branch over another scrape. I am told this works really well. Have not tried either method but plan to this year.

• Like 1

peeing in them works, by far the best attractant is a non-bloody fresh tarsal off a deer from 2 miles or more from your property. (i always look for fresh road kill and just take the tarsal) freeze 1 and use other for 2-5 days. doesnt matter if its a buck or doe(buck is better).. its a "new deer" and everything will come to see who it is. i have had deer bed down wind of it for hours waiting for the intruder to return. try exchanging them with your buddies if they hunt a different area than you. just remove and bag them prior to gutting so they dont get bloody. freeze or keep in fridge for immeadiate use.

• Like 2

If the scrape is not where I want it to be, I cut the Overhanging Branch, open my pack and put it in a plastic bag, transport it to where I want it and zip-tie it to an existing scrape near my stand and/or camera, or keep it in the freezer for later use.

As far as peeing in a scrape goes...I have tried in a number of times over the years and it always seems to kill a scrape. I have no doubt it works for some...must be something about my chemistry only thing I can figure. I sure wish it worked.