Rage broadheads awesome.

bowtech2

Geno

if you go through my posts you will see I was a Big fan of them

last 4 packages my crew has purchased we have had quality issues with them

heck 2 of heads out of the packages I purchased the blades were missing the tabs to hold to the O-ring

& Rage will not even answer me. I had been using Rage for about 9 seasons I have used them on Deer, Turkey, Yotes & woodchucks. just ticks me off that at $40 a package they can't even acknowledge my concerns I have spent well over $300 in Rage heads over the years but no more $$$ from me

Just curious how you contacted them? When the hypodermic came out, I had a question about the new style of rings that hold the blade so I called them. They picked up the phone and answered my questions. I'd be surprised that if you called them and said you had issues that they would not respond in some manner. 

Myself and two buddies, who use Rage, have taken several deer with them, over the past 5 yrs or so and we have never had an issue with them. They all worked great. I guess it is possible to get a bad batch. Its happened to me with other broad heads . 

Quality issues? Quality is top notch. I saw you mentioned the o-ring which is their older design. The new improved shock collars are where it's at. I have a set of old 2 blade orings in now to use up but have you tried the hypodermics or extremes? Big difference from the oring style. They refined their design years ago with the shoulders. The head it self is designed very well for a mechanical being a rear deploying slip cam vs a cheesey over the top deploy.

the quality issue is in the blades where it latches into the shock collar & / or  O-rings these were brand New purchased in september 2 blade chisel tips if you look at your avatar the tiny hook under the cut outs were machined off

that would not have been a big deal if they just took care of my issue but not to even contact me back pisses me off

Just curious how you contacted them? When the hypodermic came out, I had a question about the new style of rings that hold the blade so I called them. They picked up the phone and answered my questions. I'd be surprised that if you called them and said you had issues that they would not respond in some manner. 

Emailed, facebooked & CALLED

when I called they said they were busy at the moment & would have a rep call me back

didn't happen bought new broadheads not wasting anymore time for $80

the quality issue is in the blades where it latches into the shock collar & / or O-rings these were brand New purchased in september 2 blade chisel tips if you look at your avatar the tiny hook under the cut outs were machined off

that would not have been a big deal if they just took care of my issue but not to even contact me back pisses me off

If they are the chisel tips they should have the shock collar not the o-ring, correct?

Your saying that the metal piece that locks into collar appears to be machined off? That doesn't sound like and everyday occurrence sounds like something fell through the cracks on assembly. It happens when you making millions of heads I'm sure. Not a reason for me to say I'm done with them I'd simply return them to dicks or where ever I bought them. I agree with jfb if you called them I can not see rage not picking up. Don't know why you just didn't return them in the first llace5. Sounds like a manufacture glitch rather then the quality in the design if you ask me.

Emailed, facebooked & CALLED

when I called they said they were busy at the moment & would have a rep call me back

didn't happen bought new broadheads not wasting anymore time for $80

Why not return them where you bought them since it was a defect? Why contact rage? I'm sure being hunting season they are experiencing higher call volumes?

Bass Pro too far away to just drive to return cost me as much in gas as the broadheads

tossed em I was so mad after the 4th package probably the wrong thing to do as I should have just bought replacement blades but I am moving on now running the G5 Havocs for NH & Carbon Tuners for NY

I am sure someday I will be back on the Rage bandwagon

but not until I get that confidence back I once had with them

Bass Pro too far away to just drive to return cost me as much in gas as the broadheads

tossed em I was so mad after the 4th package probably the wrong thing to do as I should have just bought replacement blades but I am moving on now running the G5 Havocs for NH & Carbon Tuners for NY

Understandable... it happens

4 packages like that? I'd play lotto. What are the odds lol

• Like 1

I don't blame you. I did the same thing when I got junk packs of Satellite and Rocky Mtn Razorbacks. The Satellites had chisel tips that were only machined on 2 sides and were dull. The Razorbacks fell apart. Both times I got pissed and just tossed them. 

Not sure what your setup is, but if you're shooting a lighter poundage (50-60 lbs) and a not so heavy arrow, you're prob not gonna get the pass through you'd expect. I shoot 72 lbs and around a 460 grain arrow and have never had an issue.

I'm shoot 72 lbs as well with the Carbon express maxima blue streaks @ 8.3 GPI. Not saying I have never gotton a pass through but there were a couple times i guess that just made me wonder how I didnt when i felt i should thats all. Used to shoot the 3-blade rage for a couple years untill Mr. DEC officer let me know they were a little illegal in NY. Loved em, and to this day are my fav. broadhead. I'm a rage fan thats for sure, and have never lost a deer shooting them. I think i might try the hypo's out next year...

Doesn't matter what broadhead you shoot or the size of the hole. If your placement is good any head will get the job done. I shoot slick trick mags. If I was going to shoot a mechanical it would be the ulmer edge. I'm shooting 70#,gold tip 7595 that are 10.2 gpi. It's usually through them before they know what hit em.